Sign in to follow this  
Mango

The Joy of Simplicity! Fly the Pietenpol Aircamper

Would you like to simply experience the pure joy of simple flight?Download this absolutely stunning, and highly detailed freeware package today!The developer, Robert Kerr states:"This is a 'modernized' version of the Pietenpol Aircamper that I helped my father build 25 years ago."pete.ziphttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178838.jpg

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

One way of showing your age, Bill :-) LOLNice find mate. Low and slow and plenty of time to smell the air eh? hehehehe

Dave Taylor gb.png

Very nice indeed :) I have only one small problem - on the ground the rudder seems fine, but as soon as the model is air born it stops to work (visual and flight dynamic). Any ideas how to get the rudder work properly ?Heiko

>Very nice indeed :) >>I have only one small problem - on the ground the rudder seems>fine, but as soon as the model is air born it stops to work>(visual and flight dynamic). Any ideas how to get the rudder>work properly ?That's strange, as the rudder works file for me. BTW, the pilot's head is keyed to rudder movement. The observer's head movement is keyed to turn and bank...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm not sure...I just checked mine & it works fine. I've had something like this happen before, and it seemed to be tied to engine RPM. Even on the ground. I could watch the rudder deflect normally, but if I advanced the throttle the rudder would snap back to neutral. It also affected the flight model. What are you using for a controller? I use a Saitek x45 along with CH pedals (both USB). I unplugged the pedals and then plugged them back in and the problem was gone. It's happened to me a few times, and not limited to one plane.

When this happened to me in the past it was because somehow the auto turn coordination (whatever it is called in FSX) was turned on.

I've been flying a beta version of Pete for a couple of monthsThe animations are really, really neat and a fantastic job by J. Kerr!!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks for the comments!To clear up one thing...J. Kerr is my Dad, and the builder of the actual plane this is modeled after. I put him in as the manufacturer because he was! Hope I'm not confusing too many people...

Nope, no auto rudder used over here. Can you fly like that... ? :-)I use a Saitek X52 - i'll have a closer look at it again.Heiko