Sign in to follow this  
pmb

The New Flightsim.to

I don't see the issue: everything is right there on the front page. Just click on your user name and all the settings are available. 

I approached this with an open mind but I am afraid the new site is just not doing it for me. The only thing I like is that you don't have to click through pages anymore and that is about it. Scrolling through a list of add-ons is painful with things not sorted in a grid or list or at least the option to do so. Search is still broken and only works with one search term and where did the list of aircraft go that you can filter on and then see all add-ons for that product? Same for GSX profiles; I use to go to the GSX profile page and there is a dedicated search just for profiles and this is no longer possible. 

• Upvote 1

Just went to the 'new' flightsim.to and OMG, AWFUL!!!!!!  

I am always on the lookout for new scenery and it seems that any kind of filtering is missing!  Plus the look and feel is just awful!!  It's nearly impossible to even see what's on a page due to being a complete jumbled mess.  

• Upvote 2

Took me about 5 minutes to figure the new site out. It's their site, deal with it or dont use it.

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Us flight simmers like to complain about everything. For example, too expensive, No free upgrades to a new simulator release for a product I purchased years ago, taking too long to release, the website is not how I want it etc..etc..etc.. If you don't like the site, start your own! You can design it however you like. 

• Like 3

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Who decided your profile page icon and area should be bottom left? Not one single other website/forum I use has it down there, they are all at the top with a vast majority top right just as it used to be on flightsim.to before this dreadful change.

I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually,  but they need to sort the basics out first before I spend too much time in this website again.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

If you are not logged in, it's easy to do so:

spacer.png

--

But if you are logged in, I have not found the place to log out. It is certainly not linked to by the New Upload icon.

UqVSUIT.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Saffa_Jake812 said:

I approached this with an open mind but I am afraid the new site is just not doing it for me. The only thing I like is that you don't have to click through pages anymore and that is about it. Scrolling through a list of add-ons is painful with things not sorted in a grid or list or at least the option to do so. Search is still broken and only works with one search term and where did the list of aircraft go that you can filter on and then see all add-ons for that product? Same for GSX profiles; I use to go to the GSX profile page and there is a dedicated search just for profiles and this is no longer possible. 

100% agree with you mate.  I was wondering what happened to the site?  Not good.

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

24 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Us flight simmers like to complain about everything. For example, too expensive, No free upgrades to a new simulator release for a product I purchased years ago, taking too long to release, the website is not how I want it etc..etc..etc.. If you don't like the site, start your own! You can design it however you like. 

Well, I don't think that complaining about other people's complaints is better than complaining about MSFS related stuff on an MSFS related forum. 🙄

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 hours ago, flyhalf said:

I never thought something could be worse than Discord, yet here it is.

Nice !  🤣🤣

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

11 hours ago, Paul K said:

They are thrilled - thrilled, no less - to unveil their all-new version of Flightsim.to. 🙄

Not terribly thrilling for anyone else, judging by the comments.

They are thrilled (possibly excited too) and have all the good (or maybe not, who knows ?) answers.

We understand that the changes /…/ require some time to get used to and may elicit mixed feedback. It lies within human nature that change is not welcome.

I like this one too, very deep 

Progress is an ongoing journey, and in order to continue growing, we must constantly evolve and innovate. Time does not remain stagnant, and it is essential to embrace change and development to stay ahead. 

I have only one request, bring back the old Coca Cola !

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Statement from the comments section on the site

Thanks everyone for their valueable input. We're almost at 200 comments now and it's great to see how many of you share their opinion with us - greatly appreciated. However, the more comments that are written here, the more challenging it becomes for us to keep track of them all. We will now close the comments at this point, but will continue to take into account the feedback we have already received. If you would like to provide further feedback, please do not hesitate to use the "Feedback" button located in the bottom right corner. This helps us gather all the feedback in one place and address it accordingly. We are already on it.

Reasons for the Update
We understand that the changes we have made, as with any change after using an existing system for over 3 years in time, require some time to get used to and may elicit mixed feedback. However, we had reached the limits of the old system, which had faithfully served us for 3 years. Progress is an ongoing journey, and in order to continue growing, we must constantly evolve and innovate. Time does not remain stagnant, and it is essential to embrace change and development to stay ahead.

Missing Features
Many of the missing features some of you have mentioned here have not been removed; they are just located in different places due to the new design. For example, features such as wishlists, new updates, changelogs, and individual feeds are still available. Once found, rest assured, your familiar functionalities remain intact, just a few clicks away in their new location. Let me assure you that, as described in the article above, we are currently in a transitioning phase. Missing features will be available again as usual in a few days. It would be a mistake to believe that this is the final version of the website — we are far from it.

We have already implemented numerous updates today.

• The "Since Your Last Visit" page is back. You can find it in the left sidebar right below the Home icon.
  • The My Updates page allows one-click access to your latest updates. It is located in the navigation bar on the main page.
  • Dependencies have been reintegrated into the file pages.
  • Translations have been added and will be gradually implemented.
  • The My Downloads page now defaults to Update available.
  • The option to mark files as updated or remove them from the list has been integrated.
Furthermore:
  • You can view the File Changelogs in the right sidebar by clicking on the respective version number. We may also reintroduce a dedicated Changelog list.
  • Notifications are coming back and will be much more organized, ensuring you don't miss any updates. In the meantime, which should be within 2 days, you can visit the Notification Center to view all your notifications.
  • Date/time information for uploads will be displayed if previously missing.
  • A category-specific search is already feasible through the Discover page, but we will also bring back the category-specific search function in the category pages.
We want to assure you that there is no need to be concerned about the new version lacking features compared to the previous one. We genuinely value your feedback, and we want to express our sincere appreciation for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We understand that navigating through changes can pose some initial challenges, but we are confident that this is just a matter of getting used to in its initial phase. For the latest updates, we encourage you to follow our official Twitter page.

Did Flightsim.to even have a public open beta test for the new site version?

This is why the entire MSFS community put pressure on Asobo and the MSFS team to implement a public open beta test for each Sim Update. We all remember MSFS Sim Updates before they had a public open beta test.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

(Deleted)

Edited by TonyD

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Well it's my personal opinion on my system so please don't roast me...but I quite like it.  Certainly on my tablet, the menu system and results presentation works better.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2