Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Apollo13

Interview with the developer of BeyondATC

Recommended Posts

OverKillSimulations just published an insightful interview with the developer of beyondATC on YouTube.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just came here to post that video but you beat me to it! 😉 It's a great video (who thought I'd ever say that about a video from OverKill LOL)! If the previous video's about BeyondATC impressed you this one will impress you even more even though it is only an interview (which afaik 'old' video's showing as a background). What the dev has to say is very interesting and impressive! Man, this addon is going to rock...!!! Even if you don't own MSFS or don't like flying you might buy MSFS just so you can play with BeyondATC! Awesome stuff!!! Can't wait to give the beta a try!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tup61 said:

... but you beat me to it! 😉

Naah, that was @WestAir 8 hours ago 🙂

 

  • Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SierraDelt, respectfully, you are referring to another video that is showcasing BeyondATC.

What I was pointing out is an actual intervieuw witrh the developer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

What I was pointing out is an actual intervieuw witrh the developer

... which is exactly the video shown in the response by WestAir 😉

 

  • Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

disregard.

 

Edited by Bobsk8

 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was enthusiastic for this addon until I heard it wont control AI. To me thats the whole point with ATC in the first place. Will be either FSHud or VoxATC or both for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

I was enthusiastic for this addon until I heard it wont control AI. To me thats the whole point with ATC in the first place. Will be either FSHud or VoxATC or both for me.

Tell us what your FPS drops to, when your ATC starts controlling AI. 

  • Upvote 1

 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tup61 said:

😉  If the previous video's about BeyondATC impressed you this one will impress you even more even though it is only an interview (which afaik 'old' video's showing as a background). What the dev has to say is very interesting and impressive! Man, this addon is going to rock...!!! 

It is great to hear that the developer is well aware of "the elephant in the room", which is controlling AI traffic, and that it is part of their roadmap. I guess with their 3D-model of the traffic situation they will be able to come up with a solution maybe rather sooner than later.

All in all I am impressed by the concept, the openness and the professionalism of this project.

Imho it would be the logical thing to do for MS/Asobo to cooperate with them in some way.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The developer has opened up a Feedback Webpage where you all can post suggestions and vote on suggestions you want to see done first; Much like Asobo's community wishlist system.

https://beyondatc.nolt.io/newest

If you've got suggestions, make them. If you see something you like, vote!

@RALF9636 Correct me if I'm wrong, but Captain said during the interview that he plans to utilize FSLTL to control the traffic, since that product already does it and there's no point re-inventing the wheel. He mentions this at the 37:40 minute mark on the video in the OP.


Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WestAir said:

 

@RALF9636 Correct me if I'm wrong, but Captain said during the interview that he plans to utilize FSLTL to control the traffic, since that product already does it and there's no point re-inventing the wheel. He mentions this at the 37:40 minute mark on the video in the OP.

FSLTL does not control the traffic. It just injects traffic and leaves it to the sim to control it. That is what B-ATC will use it for in the beginning.

But they (B-ATC) plan to control the traffic themselves in a later stage of development. Then they will continue to use the FSLTL models and flightplans but take over control themselves. He said that a little later in the interview.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

FSLTL does not control the traffic. It just injects traffic and leaves it to the sim to control it. That is what B-ATC will use it for in the beginning.

But they (B-ATC) plan to control the traffic themselves in a later stage of development. Then they will continue to use the FSLTL models and flightplans but take over control themselves. He said that a little later in the interview.

Thanks for the explanation. To me he worded it like FSLTL Traffic was more than just an injector (because if that's all it does why mention it when talking about traffic control?) so I got confused. My mistake.


Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WestAir said:

The developer has opened up a Feedback Webpage where you all can post suggestions and vote on suggestions you want to see done first; Much like Asobo's community wishlist system.

https://beyondatc.nolt.io/newest

If you've got suggestions, make them. If you see something you like, vote!

Thanks for posting.

This is another great move of B-ATC showing their professionalism.

I just suggested to reconsider prioritizing to control AI traffic. 😉

 

Edited by RALF9636

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

ell us what your FPS drops to, when your ATC starts controlling AI. 

With all the extra frames we have to spare these days, who cares? I for one would take a 30- FPS hit for this feature any day. and it would still leave me way over 60fps. You have to start somewhere, why not now? It is pointless having ATC controlling us, only for an AI aircraft to get in the way, and completely ruin the immersion. Kinda defeats the point of having ATC, as mikced76 pointed out. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

With all the extra frames we have to spare these days, who cares? I for one would take a 30- FPS hit for this feature any day. and it would still leave me way over 60fps. You have to start somewhere, why not now? It is pointless having ATC controlling us, only for an AI aircraft to get in the way, and completely ruin the immersion. Kinda defeats the point of having ATC, as mikced76 pointed out. 

VR users may disagree 👀 I wasn't initially fussed by this tool, but it could well be the kinda thing I need to push myself to learn ATC properly so I may well get it when released.


HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...