Sign in to follow this  
level7

Blackbox711 P3D V6 stream with the NGXu

Captain BlackBox will be live streaming P3D later today, should be fun to see how this turns out!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Now this is how you showcase P3Dv6. I’m enjoying the stream as he interacts with viewers and demonstrates what works and what doesn’t in v6.

• Upvote 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I have done two 5hr flights with v6 and addons without a crash, only time it has crashed for me was when i was doing things in the background i should not have.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

From what I'm seeing the shadows are very dark internally and externally with the aircraft

Edited by jymp

P3Dv5 aircraft internal lighting does seem much darker on v6 than its own default models.  Maybe something needs tweaking.

54 minutes ago, rbs1000 said:

P3Dv5 aircraft internal lighting does seem much darker on v6 than its own default models.  Maybe something needs tweaking.

yeah, like the devs need to update their planes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

after watching the Black Box streamer showcase v6. I have to say, I would not take anything he says for legit information about v6. 18 minutes in and Ive witnessed enough to know that hes only experiencing this as a new user and not giving an accurate evaluation of the final build.  

He states his monitor is 100hz and yet a nightbot says its 30Hz, there was so much misinformation he was giving about the menus and settings he didnt know what they did. Its clear this man isnt any authority on letting the community know what the sim can do. His opinions are his own like anyones are. Please do not base this stream on facts tho. Asking the viewers/the viewers knowing more than he does about the sim, says quite alot. 

I will do a stream on Saturday at 7pm UK time and will go through the menu completely and explain everything and what it does. What the REAL issues are with v6 and explain work arounds for alot of sad shortcomings for v6. Go through the possibilities as well for v6 that sadly devs seem to be ignoring. Accurately. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

That's great you'll do all that adam but if the major airliner add-ons have dark cockpits than it's kind of a no go for a lot of potential customers.

• Upvote 1

Some of my comments on the video:

• Like Adam said he wasn't sure about all the best settings to use but he does have a top of the line machine
  • He was using TAA but I couldn't tell from the stream if it was much better
  • Dark cockpit for the NGXu is probably the biggest issue - have others resolved this?
  • NGXu weather radar didn't work with how his ActiveSky was setup
  • Lack of ChasePlane support makes the camera change views difficult - a lot of right click menus on the stream
  • The lighting on the terrain actually looked pretty good with Orbx Global and OpenLC
  • Captain commented that the turbulence was quite good
  • Cloud depiction is definitely better

His conclusion was that it's not worth it to make the move if the big add-on makers provide some support

• Like 2

I think the most telling comment was that the P3D userbase is now so small that it is not worth 3rd party developer's time to update existing products, let alone create new ones.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

I agree with BB when he says it doesn't worth switching to v6 when what you need to do delivers so few results plus it is missing an essential tool for me such as Chaseplane.

It's a shame because it's a major upgrade on the platform, but as it stands right now for me it's not worth it.

I just reinstalled 5.4 and it's all so simple and easy... and it works! Shame LM blew up v5 with TrueSky.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

5 hours ago, adam77 said:

I will do a stream on Saturday at 7pm UK time and will go through the menu completely and explain everything and what it does. What the REAL issues are with v6 and explain work arounds for alot of sad shortcomings for v6. Go through the possibilities as well for v6 that sadly devs seem to be ignoring. Accurately. 

Throwing shade on one of the best flightsim creators out there is quite incredible coming from you. You got banned from twitch for violating decency rules, who are you to criticise anyone!!?

Edited by Freq_flyer44
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, level7 said:

Some of my comments on the video:

• Like Adam said he wasn't sure about all the best settings to use but he does have a top of the line machine
  • He was using TAA but I couldn't tell from the stream if it was much better
  • Dark cockpit for the NGXu is probably the biggest issue - have others resolved this?
  • NGXu weather radar didn't work with how his ActiveSky was setup
  • Lack of ChasePlane support makes the camera change views difficult - a lot of right click menus on the stream
  • The lighting on the terrain actually looked pretty good with Orbx Global and OpenLC
  • Captain commented that the turbulence was quite good
  • Cloud depiction is definitely better

His conclusion was that it's not worth it to make the move if the big add-on makers provide some support

I agree with most of your comments on the vid, not sure how long he spent with P3dv6 before making it and maybe should have done more research on what the settings do first.

What is this this video about, is it a first look with a flight or has he tested it out, fully set it up and is doing a full review?

I disagree with his conclusion, I would guess there are a few people out there as well that would also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freq_flyer44 said:

Throwing shade on one of the best flightsim creators out there is quite incredible coming from you. You got banned from twitch for violating decency rules, who are you to criticise anyone!!?

Great, picking on a streamer for someone else's actions. I personally enjoy Adam's streams and I find this post of yours condescending. Everyone has their right of opinion, using someone's condition against him is not a way to go. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1