Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Blurry Fix in SP2

What does this variable do, Manny?Thanks- Bruce.

Guest unitedpilot36

>Nah, it can keep up...but it probably can't keep up with the>visuals you are setting it at. Yes you will be limited with a>3000+, but you can achieve a reduced blurry situation with>that cpu, at the cost of reduced visuals. It may be a choice>you do not want to make, which is understandable, but I am>merely pointing out what can be done.Even with autogen off I have blurries. I have water set at 1x high, no airline traffic or ramp vehicles etc... My settings are maybe mid sliders. But I have tried with low settings and yet I still got the blurrification. :

Guest unitedpilot36

>Chris,>>Edit your FSX.CFG file and change/add the following parameter>>{TERRAIN} <--- The curly bracket is actually a square bracket>in the cfg.>SWAP_WAIT_TIME=60I had this tweak in my CFG already, but at 40, I bumped it to 60 and this is the end result:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178941.jpgI still have horrid blurries...:-erks

>Bottom line ->gauge what your system is capable of. If you're having>problems with blurries then either adjust your settings lower>or get a more powerful system. No magic. Guys like you are in denial of the issue. Just becuase you don't experience it does not mean it doesn't exist. Like I said there are guys here with 3.5GHz C2Ds who get unrecoverable blurries with autogen off. Personally I get unrecoverable blurries with autogen off, and frame rate capped at 10fps, or whatever the lowest setting is. When I'm running a solid 35fps, and cap at 10fps, you cant tell me my system is not keeping up with terrain load. The only way to recover is to pause the game and wait 10-20 seconds. My textures load as they should with RTM, so the issue is clearly linked to SP1. I just hope its fixed in SP2, becuase while I have no problem using RTM, as I feel its perfect the way it is, it will really suck if I spend $30 on Acceleration only to find out I get blurrys with SP2 and cannot use it.

Guest unitedpilot36

Exactly, I had blurries in RTM but nowhere near as bad as when I installed SP1. Numerous people have experienced this but nobody wants to believe that Aces may have made things worse when it comes to textures loading. Bottom line is they created a problem and it needs to get fixed.

>Like I said there are guys here with 3.5GHz C2Ds who get>unrecoverable blurries with autogen off. This is very hard to believe. There must be something completely screwed up. FSX settings/tweaks, GPU memory exhaustion (with autogen off ?) or a GPU/DirectX driver issue.I run a C2D at 3.6 GHz FSB 1600 - GTX 8800 - 4 GB RAM - Vista 64. With extremely high settings, many addons, high speed and a thunderstorm above Seattle i can 'force' it to snap. Under normal circumstances it doesn't happen for me with this system.Performance in SP2 is further optimized. In DX9 mode i am able now to increase the water setting from 2xLow to 2xHigh without a FPS hit. And that's quiet a margin...Heiko

Unfortunately, this has already been tried by many with no success as some replies here state, but it helped me for whatever it might be worth.When I first installed FSX, I truthfully do not know if, and how bad blurries were (Pre-ordered installation when it first came out). I don't know if I just did not notice them at first and was concentrating on other things like frame rates, or if they evolved over time, possibly with SP1. However, they did eventually evolve into a display as defined below that nobody could ignore.I finally reformatted and started over from scratch with everything. I started out with nothing but XPPro and FSX including only whatever was required to run it. I checked and double checked after each installation of a program, virgin FSX, SP1, aircraft, utility etc.etc. (With multiple defrags). This took many days as I cranked up a flight between KLWB and KCVG after each step. I have a post relative to this scenario.My purpose was to find at what point blurries appeared. To my joy, they never did take over as they had before. My apprehension was that they would evolve over time. Thankfully, it has been weeks now and everything seems to be stable. It did help and FSX is acceptable now. However, I would never claim that blurries are totally absent even now. Thankfully, I have not had roads or airports virtually be overwhealmed by them to the extent that they are no more, and when they appear, my textures do catch up reasonably well.Some testify that they never see blurries and finger point at those of us who see them. Whether they simply don't notice them, or don't have them, they don't know how lucky they are IMHO. I hope they never do, but I wouldn't be too smug. Others regardless of the system they have see them. From what Phil has said among others with far more savvy than I have, there are blurries of several types that are being addressed by MS in one way or another, and they are real.For those that never see them, I would respectfully suggest that if they have not tried it yet, crank up anything, even a J3 Cub to say nothing of a fast moving Jet, fly at tree top level and follow a good highway or road (Speed is a key factor in how fast they appear). Granted this is not a normal flight, but it will highlight the problem. If your road does not degrade at all, you are really blessed and I truly envy you. This is even more noticable after installing Ultimate Terrain X as the roads are so much sharper to start with than the defaults. Before I started over, this got so bad that roads totally disappeared and by the time I reached my destination, I had ground traffic running around on bare terrain. The airport had green runways that looked a little like they use to look with the 5" floppy MS versions (Even portions of the runway disappeared at times).My starting over routine from a fresh format improved this situation and the display is much much better now. However, at times I still see blurries; then the textures catch up. Both before and after my reinstallation of everything, slider positions and every tweak I could find did little to nothing to improve this situation. For me personally, slider positions and/or tweaks did not get rid of blurries.Granted, my system may not be top of the line, but I believe that it should be adequate to run FSX, and does so reasonably well at this time. However, even at an acceptable level that I can put up with, I can make no claim that blurries do not exist at times.I have reached the point that FSX gets somewhere in the 90 percent range of my attention, but I still regress to FS9 occasionally to enjoy a bird not available in FSX with faultless performance and no glitches at all (Particularly out of KJFK fully maxed out, smooth as can be.)Respectfully:RTHASUS P5N-E-SLI MotherboardIntel E6600 Core2 Duo CPUZalman CNPS7700-CU RT CPU Fam4 GB KST DII800 MemoryWinXP ProNVIDIA VCG8800GTX 768MB Primary Video Graphics Card21

Where do you did you find SP2? All I have sceene is SP1 which does not work very well on my old P4-2.8 ATI 9800 pro.Terry

>What does this variable do, Manny?>>Thanks- Bruce.>Hi Bruce,Post SP1, Phil suggested to increase/tweak that number to improve on the brurries issue. I think, Its basically saying...don;t give up on rendering the textures until 60unites of time... instead of the default... I forget what the default it. But what I think is happening is..its applying the rendering time to out of zone textures. Meaning...areas you have completely moved out off.This is purely wild #### guess on my part! :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

:-eek "Granted, my system may not be top of the line, but I believe that it should be adequate to run FSX, and does so reasonably well at this time. However, even at an acceptable level that I can put up with, I can make no claim that blurries do not exist at times".JUST LOVE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR :-lol 'Cos with all this:-ASUS P5N-E-SLI MotherboardIntel E6600 Core2 Duo CPUZalman CNPS7700-CU RT CPU Fam4 GB KST DII800 MemoryWinXP ProNVIDIA VCG8800GTX 768MB Primary Video Graphics Card21

Hello Dave:We both know there are faster, probably much better (and more expensive). I have been pleased with, and thankful for it though.It is an accumulation of about a dozen updates over the years. I upgrade my system. Pass off what is left over to my wife's, then pass off what is left over in hers to my daughters. Like most of the rest of us, the periodical is pretty much scheduled around new versions of FS now days. I am old enough that this may or may not be my last shot though.I have one system left over from the previous generation of the last round with which I keep intending to try WideFS, but haven't done it yet. I need to post a few questions about WideFS and have not done that yet either. If I understand correctly, secondary MSFS windows are not applicable and I am not sure for what I might use it with the exception of FlightSim Commander. I am curious to know just for what the progam is used by those that have implemented it. I also wonder if there is a solution to not have multiple keyboards, mice etc. I will ask a few questions of those that use the program soon. Any input would be appreciated.I assume you are talking about my setup relative to a picture. I will have to charge up the batteries for my digital camera and then I might give a screenshot a try. I have a cheap, old desk combination that will not be very pretty, but it is large enough and the cost of a really good one large and designed so that I could implement it scares me. I also don't know if I would be brave enough to adapt a joystick and the like to it after spending the money. I'll try to add a screenshot or two in a reply later.Thanks for the reply:RTH

SP2 is in the new "accelartion" package - due out in a week or two. Some people who help beta test accelartion already have it.