Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Blurry Fix in SP2

try turnning all background processes off. I think there is some program that causes fsx to not load the tiles properly. I had the same problem a while back. Also restart your computer. I slightly remember somthing about AIM causing the problem. Not sure at all but worth a try.

Let's start here. Do you get blurries with *ALL* sliders completely left?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Let's start here. Do you get blurries with *ALL* sliders>completely left?>>RhettIsn't the nature of "all sliders to the left" a blurry mess? If I recall I have to at least turn up texture resolution to see any sharp textures, and in combination with that a bunch of other sliders move up as well.

Well Dave, this ought to teach you to ask such a question (just joking). Such as it is, here are a few screenshots of my playhouse. No comments on my photography from anybody either. Poor would be a kind word. The Aeroworx 2d panel is on the main display, PIC and Copilot Switch panels are on the secondary off of the main card. The GPS, Throttle Quadrant, and FiightSim Commander are on the secondary card's monitors.Not to lead anyone astray, the GPS and Throttle Quadrant shown on the monitor off of the secondary card is for display purposes only, and no, I cannot fly with it there in FSX. In FSX, the GPS must be on the primary video card's secondary monitor and even then, though useable it does tax frame rates. However, with FS9, anything can be displayed anywhere as long as the main panel is on the primary card's primary monitor (Can't imagaine why anyone would want it elsewhere anyway), and if a filled screen spot view is desired, it must be on the primary card's secondary monitor. Everything else can go on the two monitors off of the secondary card with acceptable frame rates and everything filled, including both the panel and spot view.My Woofer is located behind the footpedals and is not shown.There is just enough room beside my computer case for the older unit if I ever get brave enough to try dual computers, but as I said earlier, I don't know what one does with multiple keyboards, mice etc.The second larger speakers in two corners are remotely wired from my stereo system in another room.Thanks for asking. I never have gotten around to taking pictures and am not much into that interest but they are kind of nice to have.Respectfully:RTH

Well, there is a difference between texture update (thread deprivation) and blurriness caused by the Global Texture Detail slider.The difference is that the Global Texture Detail blurred textures will not "pop in" (they will stay in their blurred state), whereas the thread deprivation blurries will in fact "pop in" after enough time passes with the aircraft unmoving.So I maintain, that all sliders left is the starting point for any serious analysis of blurries.In your case, you have nearly identical hardware to me. You should have a reasonably good FSX with pretty good visuals, because that is what I have with essentially the same hardware. Some of the DETAILS of your hardware and system configuration are unknown to me, but of the components I do know about, they are nearly identical.It is also likely that the cause of the blurries in your two cases are not all problems within FSX. It's quite likely there are issues in the general system configuration as well. In such a case, you could adjust sliders and FSX.CFG settings all day and not fix anything.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Lennyt

>>Bottom line ->>gauge what your system is capable of. If you're having>>problems with blurries then either adjust your settings>lower>>or get a more powerful system. No magic. >>Guys like you are in denial of the issue. Just becuase you>don't experience it does not mean it doesn't exist. Like I>said there are guys here with 3.5GHz C2Ds who get>unrecoverable blurries with autogen off. >>Personally I get unrecoverable blurries with autogen off, and>frame rate capped at 10fps, or whatever the lowest setting is.> When I'm running a solid 35fps, and cap at 10fps, you cant>tell me my system is not keeping up with terrain load. The>only way to recover is to pause the game and wait 10-20>seconds. >>My textures load as they should with RTM, so the issue is>clearly linked to SP1. I just hope its fixed in SP2, becuase>while I have no problem using RTM, as I feel its perfect the>way it is, it will really suck if I spend $30 on Acceleration>only to find out I get blurrys with SP2 and cannot use it.First of all I'm not denying anything. I just admitted I was getting blurries with my prior system.Secondly, with my quad core system I stated I could just about max everything (with the noted exceptions) in the SCENERY section. But in other areas such as AI commercial traffic - 20%, GA - 15%, low bit clouds other other lesser settings indicates that I've tried maxing other settings with the result - blurries and other such things.You missed my point. Blurries can be dealt with without magic tweaks if you stay within the limits of your hardware. Simple point.

Guest unitedpilot36

>Blurries can be dealt with without magic>tweaks if you stay within the limits of your hardware. Simple>point.That's easy to say with a quad core CPU but it's false in this case. I set ALL sliders to the left and my textures still blurred!My system is plenty capable of running FSX at about mid sliders and it does so with decent fps, the problem is the textures just can't keep up.

The textures will also look blurred also with the sliders all the way to the left.Try this: put all the sliders to the right-except autogen, ai traffic , road traffic, boats ,and water effects -set these all the way to the left. (e.g. off). Uncheck light bloom.I'd be curious now if you have blurries.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest unitedpilot36

>The textures will also look blurred also with the sliders all>the way to the left.>>Try this: put all the sliders to the right-except autogen, ai>traffic , road traffic, boats ,and water effects -set these>all the way to the left. (e.g. off). Uncheck light bloom.>>I'd be curious now if you have blurries.Unfortunately, this is the result:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178973.jpg

Guest unitedpilot36

Nope, here's my specs:Athlon 64 3000 @ 2.3 GHzEVGA 7800GTX 256MB.2 GB OCZ Platinum DDR-400Western Digital 160GB SATAThe FPS counter at the top is fraps.