Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Blurry Fix in SP2

Guest unitedpilot36

Phil, you mentioned a fix for blurries in your blog. Were beta testers reporting good results on this?I have terrible blurries and am very eager to know if this fix will cure my blurries completely or just help a bit.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178888.jpg

Guest unitedpilot36

Bump- There's no way I'm the only one with blurries curious about this...

I'm very interested in the blurry fix as well, as I have been forced to use RTM becuase of the issue, but it has been said that the beta testers supposedly didn't experience any blurry issues during the testing of SP1, so if they have not encountered the issue I don't know that they could witness the fix. That may be the case considering there are plenty of beta testers here and nobody has chimed in yet. We might just have to wait for Acceleration and see for our selves.

If I read correctly on his site-it doesn't say a "blurry fix" but "help to reduce blurries", unless I missed something somewhere else.From Phil's site:4) Optimization of terrain IO for photo-scenery and

Guest unitedpilot36

If I even fly a cessna my textures blur, it's just ridiculous. That's the only issue keeping me from switching to FSX completely.

That's pretty bad looking. Have you tried trouble-shooting this over in the hardware forum? I think your problem can be fixed or at the very least, minimized.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Once I move out of the zone thats initially loaded, my FSX looks just like the shot above when using SP1, doesn't matter how slow I fly, though I have perfectly sharp textures with RTM with no tweaks at all. There is some kind of issue with SP1 that causes uncurable blurries for some users.

Guest unitedpilot36

Well what I did was a fresh install of XP, defrag, installed FSX, defrag, install SP1, and a final defrag. I've always had decent results with this method in the past so I'm sorta baffled. I've also added tweaks to my FSX.cfg with no luck.I guess my Athlon 64 3000 just can't keep up... *sigh*

>I guess my Athlon 64 3000 just can't keep up... *sigh*There are guys here using 3.0GHz+ Core 2 Duos with the same SP1 problem, which occurs even when auogen is off.

>Once I move out of the zone thats initially loaded, my FSX>looks just like the shot above when using SP1, doesn't matter>how slow I fly, though I have perfectly sharp textures with>RTM with no tweaks at all. There is some kind of issue with>SP1 that causes uncurable blurries for some users.Look how close our hardware specs are...and yet I don't see blurries too often, unless I fly 500 knots at low level.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Chris,Edit your FSX.CFG file and change/add the following parameter{TERRAIN} <--- The curly bracket is actually a square bracket in the cfg.SWAP_WAIT_TIME=60

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Nah, it can keep up...but it probably can't keep up with the visuals you are setting it at. Yes you will be limited with a 3000+, but you can achieve a reduced blurry situation with that cpu, at the cost of reduced visuals. It may be a choice you do not want to make, which is understandable, but I am merely pointing out what can be done.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest S77th-GOYA

Slow loading textures have always been a part of MSFS for me. Even back to FS9. FSX SP1 made it worse but it is something that I have accepted as a weak point of the code. I could push all the sliders to the right with FS9 with frames in the 20s but still have to wait for textures to load.Has there been any attempt to poll the people that don't have blurries to get hardware specs?

Guest Lennyt

>Bump- There's no way I'm the only one with blurries curious>about this...My system replaced a couple of weeks ago was a single core 3.6 GHz HT system, with 2 gigs and ATI X800XT 256 mb. If I pumped up the settings, particularly autogen, then blurries were inevitable - SP1 or not.My new system - Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz, 3 gigs ram, Nvidia 8400GS 256 mb - with scenery settings virtually maxed out including autogen (1 notch down, water 2.x low and half radius setting) - blurries are a thing of the past. Bottom line - gauge what your system is capable of. If you're having problems with blurries then either adjust your settings lower or get a more powerful system. No magic.