Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche feature list and new screenshots

I'm really curious at what pace they'll be able to bring their fleet to MSFS now that Accu-Sim is ready to go. The backlog is quite significant even without factoring in potential new releases like their Aerostar...

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, OuterMarker said:

I'm really curious at what pace they'll be able to bring their fleet to MSFS now that Accu-Sim is ready to go. The backlog is quite significant even without factoring in potential new releases like their Aerostar...

I honestly hope for the AEST, even though they had to sell theirs irl.  I mean I'd take a V tail Bo 300hp as well but AEST first, or my dream - an analog turbocharged Lancair Legacy 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

14 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Flew that in the Comanche in P3D. Bit of a learning curve, but not that bad.

I enjoy this somewhat basic autopilot a lot in P3DV5. As A2A stated, their Comanche represents their RW Comanche, which makes it more realistic than many other sim aircraft, which are unrealistically overladed with sophisticated instruments. KUDOS, A2A! I look forward to flying the MSFS version as well.

• Upvote 1

Felix

3 minutes ago, Flyfox said:

I enjoy this somewhat basic autopilot a lot in P3DV5. As A2A stated, their Comanche represents their RW Comanche, which makes it more realistic than many other sim aircraft, which are unrealistically overladed with sophisticated instruments. KUDOS, A2A! I look forward to flying the MSFS version as well.

I fly an ancient Beech A24 irl.  The original panel was unsophisticated yea, but then we added G5s, GTX 345, digital engine monitor etc.  It's very very common to add newer "sophisticated" instruments to these old GA.  It's especially helpful for flying in conjested airspace.  

Just because A2A's real Comanche has a basic autopilot doesn't mean it's odd or wrong to want a newer autopilot in the sim, especially when paired with an awesome GPS like the TDS GTNXi.  

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I honestly hope for the AEST, even though they had to sell theirs irl.  I mean I'd take a V tail Bo 300hp as well but AEST first, or my dream - an analog turbocharged Lancair Legacy 

The RealAir Legacy is (or was) one of the very few planes I never got bored of, one of my all time favorite add-ons. It would be amazing if A2A would continue their Legacy...pun intended. I was wondering what happened to their Aerostar after the belly landing, didn't know that they sold it...IIRC Scott said they were pretty far along with flight testing at that time but not far enough to evolve Accu-Sim for MSFS. I really hope they'll get back to it eventually!

5 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

It looks just like the old Comanche. 😒

Terrible hey ? The only  thing new that I see are the padded door interiors. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, OuterMarker said:

The RealAir Legacy is (or was) one of the very few planes I never got bored of, one of my all time favorite add-ons. It would be amazing if A2A would continue their Legacy...pun intended. I was wondering what happened to their Aerostar after the belly landing, didn't know that they sold it...IIRC Scott said they were pretty far along with flight testing at that time but not far enough to evolve Accu-Sim for MSFS. I really hope they'll get back to it eventually!

Yeah ditto to everything hehe.  FSW is doing a Legacy but it's based on Starhawk N321TF - which uses a G3X and GTN.  I'm happy about the gtn and it'll probably have the gfc500.  But as we know the G3X is basically the worst representation of avionics in the sim.

I can't win lol!  (That being said I'll be buying it day 1).  

Last night we watched a very fast moving vfr aircraft land at one of our towered satellite airports.  We were so curious what it was that we called and asked - sure enough it was a Lancair Legacy...he was doing 252 knots at 4000 ft!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

15 hours ago, Alvega said:

I went from FSX to X-Plane and then from X-Plane to MSFS, so never flew the Comanche in P3D.

I avoided the Comanche in FSX and P3D because I wasn't mad about the panel layout. I might not be able to resist this time though.

I have such mixed feelings about this. The deep engine simulation, walkaround functionality, fluid color monitoring, etc are so impressive, but I really don't have a soft spot for the Comanche. I'm sure I'd grow to like it, especially with all the extra features, but I'd be much more excited if it was the V-tail Bonanza. I'm struggling with whether it's worth buying a plane I have no attachment to just for the systems depth.

For me, an apt comparison would be the BAe-146 vs. the Fokker F28 from JustFlight. I've been fascinated with the BAe-146 since I was a kid, even though I never had a chance to be a passenger in it. The shape of it was so cool to me. So its sentimental value made it an easy choice to buy, and the detailed simulation from JustFlight is icing on the cake. I read the entire manual, which was a few hundred pages. 

I have no similar attachment to the F28, so even though the systems simulation appears well-done, I don't plan on buying it. 

The A2A Comanche seems close to that category for me, but the systems simulation is sure tempting. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Which I'm bummed about.  Bring an incredible airframe to the sim but have a ancient AP....  Thing needs a GFC500 as an option.  I want to fly coupled approaches.

Everything else looks awesome!

Same here! Really hope for a second option to chose from.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Just because A2A's real Comanche has a basic autopilot doesn't mean it's odd or wrong to want a newer autopilot in the sim, especially when paired with an awesome GPS like the TDS GTNXi.  

No, it‘s definitely not odd, but do we really need a „one-size-fits-it-all“ avionics in each GA airplane? I like this very individual Comanche a lot!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Felix

35 minutes ago, Flyfox said:

No, it‘s definitely not odd, but do we really need a „one-size-fits-it-all“ avionics in each GA airplane? I like this very individual Comanche a lot!

I’d better have aircraft with their own historic personality.  The A2A Comanche is a real aircraft, faithfully recreated. To my knowledge, the only one in the market with a STEC.  As priceless as it is rare then. 

Having flown her in P3D, the old a/p is a bit cumbersome, but… thats where the fun is. Their Cherokee had the same btw.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Marc Collins said:

I've been fascinated with the BAe-146 since I was a kid, even though I never had a chance to be a passenger in it. The shape of it was so cool to me. So its sentimental value made it an easy choice to buy, and the detailed simulation from JustFlight is icing on the cake. I read the entire manual, which was a few hundred pages. 

I have no similar attachment to the F28, so even though the systems simulation appears well-done, I don't plan on buying it. 

I'm in a very similar dilemma with the F28 and the F70/100 I loved watching the latter at airports when going on holiday, even though I never got the chance to fly in one, I always wanted to go in one, just a beautiful looking aircraft 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Best aircraft developer by a country mile. Looking forward to have their products again in MSFS.

• Upvote 2