Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Which airports use a STAR?

Guest garwig2

Anyone know where I can find a list of airports that have a STAR? I've been following RFields' responses about using STARs in FSX and so far it's been fun trying it out. A list of airports with STARs would help me find some new places to fly to. Thanks in adavance.-Gary Letona

Apparantly, the U.S. is the only place that use them eh? ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Many Country's use a term called STAREHAM has 3 inbound STAR's named ARTIP, RIVER and SUGOL. These look more like what the USA calls an Approach Transition but because of limitation sizes of Borders, Europe calls them STAR's.Many small airports in the USA also use STAR's. Most of these are part of major airports where the small airport is in a 100 mile radius of the major airport. The small airports will have an Approach Transition off the STAR if they have a instrument approach.

What's the difference beween a STAR and an Approach Transition in the USA?