Sign in to follow this  
reecemj

Static Aircraft setup

Am thinking of using LatinVfr or some other program to place static aircraft. Then using FSLTL at the very minimal to have moving AI. Anyone have this setup? Do you think the static program works better than FSLTL.  

I flew into LFPG the parked a/c didn't look good. I usually fly into Reginal Airports but decided to take my Hjet there. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I use LVFR statics as well as other static aircraft from all my payware sceneries to place aircraft at my gates. Works quite well and performs

better than FSLTL aircraft. Once you get the hang of it, you can complete an airport in 20-45 minutes depending on the size.

Look at patriot six on youtube.

Cheers

• Like 1

I use PSXT to provide static aircraft based on real parking. Parked traffic changes from day to day or hour to hour as it does in the real world. You don't have to do anything except set the percentage of traffic. Used in conjunction with AIG, or FSLTL models depending on what you have.

20230625134933-1.jpg

20230627142356-1.jpg

20230627180603-1.jpg

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

23 hours ago, LEFTSEAT said:

Look at patriot six on youtube.

This video, right?

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

On 7/16/2023 at 1:30 PM, reecemj said:

Am thinking of using LatinVfr or some other program to place static aircraft. Then using FSLTL at the very minimal to have moving AI. Anyone have this setup? Do you think the static program works better than FSLTL.  

I flew into LFPG the parked a/c didn't look good. I usually fly into Reginal Airports but decided to take my Hjet there. 

I use FSLTL with a mix of parked aircraft and active and have preferred this over trying to combine static and active AI aircraft.  I was using static presets before and while they do have aircraft parked at the right locations, I think that the AI will sometimes park on top of them.  

• Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 7/17/2023 at 7:27 PM, Flic1 said:

I use FSLTL with a mix of parked aircraft and active and have preferred this over trying to combine static and active AI aircraft

I went with this solution for some time, but the framerate impact was too hard for my liking, i.e., I couldn't even keep 30 FPS at default KMIA. Using LVFR statics plus a bit of FSLTL moving traffic (just 14 IFR planes and no additional parked ones) allowed me to go back to 40 FPS in every situation (unlike FS9 and FSX/P3D, 30 is not smooth enough for me). I guess I've had 2-3 stutters ever since going that way.

On 7/17/2023 at 7:27 PM, Flic1 said:

I think that the AI will sometimes park on top of them. 

Yes, that's the problem with mixing static and AI aircraft. Now, if I could edit the AFCADs to remove the occupied stands (as in the old times)...

On 7/16/2023 at 7:52 PM, Dave_YVR said:

I use PSXT to provide static aircraft based on real parking.

I used PSXT during my early FSX days, but only for the statics, and it gave me good results. You need a Real Traffic subscription, right? Back then I didn't need any.

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Assuming no built in statics, does this addon work successfully with third party airports? 

Also, does it receive many updates reflecting changes in airline fleets, new airlines or ones that may have gone out of business? 

Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

Assuming no built in statics, does this addon work successfully with third party airports? 

Also, does it receive many updates reflecting changes in airline fleets, new airlines or ones that may have gone out of business? 

Thanks. 

I pretty much only fly in and out of 3rd party airports and if you are referring to the FSLTL program it works great.  If the 3rd party airport developer did not spend the time to properly code the gates for certain airlines than they will not park in the proper positions.  There are updates with new liveries,models etc but it does not have every airframe available.  If you have AIG installed, you can instruct it to use any missing models from the AIG program which is what I do.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

20 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

1) Now, if you're talking about LVFR Statics, it depends on how close are the default vs 3rd-party airport positions. Sometimes the offset may be too much.

2) As far as I have seen, it's not updated (unlike all the actual AI traffic addons). I mean, yesterday I saw a Viva Colombia A320 parked at the gate at SKBO. The airline ceased operations five months ago. Gotta check any Italian airport to see if there's still any Alitalia aircraft, or if they are all ITA now.

Best regards,

38 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

1) Now, if you're talking about LVFR Statics, it depends on how close are the default vs 3rd-party airport positions. Sometimes the offset may be too much.

2) As far as I have seen, it's not updated (unlike all the actual AI traffic addons). I mean, yesterday I saw a Viva Colombia A320 parked at the gate at SKBO. The airline ceased operations five months ago. Gotta check any Italian airport to see if there's still any Alitalia aircraft, or if they are all ITA now.

If you have LVFR Static aircraft and FSLTL base models, you can edit airports and remove and replace whatever aircraft you want at which ever gate you choose. I don't use ATC or AI, its too unrealistic for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Ok, that would make sense. So I'm guessing that unless the parking at both the third party and its equivalent default match exactly, you may end up seeing some 'bizarre' parking at the third party airport? 

2 hours ago, garydpoole said:

unless the parking at both the third party and its equivalent default match exactly, you may end up seeing some 'bizarre' parking at the third party airport? 

Yes, that would be the risk. But @LEFTSEAT gave an interesting tip:

3 hours ago, LEFTSEAT said:

If you have LVFR Static aircraft and FSLTL base models, you can edit airports and remove and replace whatever aircraft you want at which ever gate you choose.

How do you do that? Looks interesting.

Best regards,

58 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Yes, that would be the risk. But @LEFTSEAT gave an interesting tip:

How do you do that? Looks interesting.

I learned by watching a couple of patriot six tutorials. You can create exclude areas around the LVFR poorly placed aircraft and then replace them with LVFR or FSLTL or even your other PAYWARE airport static aircraft. The most confusing part for me was just creating the scenery package files  but patriot covers that in his basic tutorial.

Edited by LEFTSEAT

14 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

I used PSXT during my early FSX days, but only for the statics, and it gave me good results. You need a Real Traffic subscription, right? Back then I didn't need any.

PSXT has come A VERY long way since then. I tried it as well as few years ago and it was just alright. Now it's so much better than it was. Yes, you do need a sub to Real Traffic.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 7/19/2023 at 8:39 AM, Luis Hernandez said:

Using LVFR statics plus a bit of FSLTL moving traffic (just 14 IFR planes and no additional parked ones) allowed me to go back to 40 FPS in every situation (unlike FS9 and FSX/P3D, 30 is not smooth enough for me). I guess I've had 2-3 stutters ever since going that way.

Looks like I found another way: setting FSLTL moving traffic as above (just 14 IFR and maybe 6 GA) BUT setting a huge amount of parked aircraft (8, 9, even 10). I'm leaving the absolute maximums in 100. No need for LVFR static aircraft. So far, it's working fine. I need to try with KJFK and KMIA.

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,