Sign in to follow this  
tcgeo

XP Pro search help

I do not believe that the Search function opens cab files...If the file you are looking for is in a folder, it should be found.Inside a cab file, no-go...

Bert

Thanks for the response Bert. Are you aware of any method for searching for gauges? For example; if I want to use that cessna clock gauge in another aircraft how do I know where to tell the panel.cfg file where to find this gauge other than looking through every CAB file in FSX? Thanks,George

George,Open up the Cessna panel.cfg file to see what gauges are used there.Once you find the name, it should be easy to find the gauge in the folder. Remember that the gauges can be in the Gauges folder or in the panel folder for the airplane ! I typically make a copy of the gauge into the panel folder for the new airplane, just so that I have things together.The Flight1 FS Panel Studio program can really make life easier if you are going to build / edit panels as a hobby !

Bert