Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche has been released!

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

To me is the most fun in MSFS is to shoot approaches by hand, regardless of sophistication of autopilot  🙂

Oh fully agree... I like that this airplane will force everyone to.  😁

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

Does anyone know if you can intentionally fail things?

I want to practice partial panel in IFR but don't know how I can fail the dry pump without waiting 500 hours, lol

You can set failure rate to x100 but I think you can't choose what will fail. but at x100 something will probably fail, lol.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

25 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Oh fully agree... I like that this airplane will force everyone to.  😁

You naughty boy. 😄

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

word not allowed, out at work. I’m so excited to get this plane! When I get home this thread will be 25+ pages lol

• Like 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

...how many units do you think have been sold by now?

What an amazing product, and what amazing enthusiasm from the author; A2A is S-tier S-tier...

AP VS control going wonky ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

39 minutes ago, rogerlimakilo said:

Assuming say 5 x staff at say $200,000 all up per year each (salary plus other cost like office rent and taxes) over say 3 years, I estimate you are looking at needing Three Million US Dollars to make a profit.

Assuming $US50 per product sold -  that would mean sales of around 60,000 copies to make money.  Or maybe 100,000 marketplace sales.

That said, I suspect they will have sold 10 or 20 thousand copies in the first few days so they probably will do fine

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

1 hour ago, rogerlimakilo said:

how many units do you think have been sold by now?

Probably enough for Scott to purchase the next two aircraft which he will model for MSFS2024

• Like 2

I think the vast majority of MSFS users are causal simmers who don't actually want this level of systems depth and things to worry about - they just want to get in and fly. It will sell well but it is a little too niche for most. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

40 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Assuming say 5 x staff at say $200,000 all up per year each (salary plus other cost like office rent and taxes) over say 3 years, I estimate you are looking at needing Three Million US Dollars to make a profit.

Assuming $US50 per product sold -  that would mean sales of around 60,000 copies to make money.  Or maybe 100,000 marketplace sales.

That said, I suspect they will have sold 10 or 20 thousand copies in the first few days so they probably will do fine

I think A2A has other commercial and military projects going on as well where they are making money off of. I don't think they are solely relying on the Comanche for their revenue/profit for the last 3 years.

Edited by Flightsky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

60.000 or 100.000 sounds like an awful lot to me but I'm no expert by any means.

A2a are absolutely amazing at what they do. I own there 172 for fsx and I have always loved it. It squeaks and rattles which I did not experience in the other "study level" 172 sim.

Very tempted to buy this one....

4 minutes ago, jozeff said:

60.000 or 100.000 sounds like an awful lot to me but I'm no expert by any means

Just a guesstimate, but based on the supposed 2 million copies of MSFS that are out there, 50,000 sales is around 2.5% of total users so sounds quite reasonable for a popular addon.

1 hour ago, rogerlimakilo said:

What an amazing product, and what amazing enthusiasm from the author; A2A is S-tier S-tier...

I think A2A probably sold over 10K copies by now, seeing that their web server went down, and Scott from A2A said their web server actually has decent capacity to handle a lot of traffic, but even the capacity they allocated for their web server was not enough. If A2A sold 10K copies, that's $500K USD for them.

All in all, I think the A2A Comanche will eventually exceed the $1 million USD mark in total sales. A2A has hit a gold mine with MSFS. Because A2A made so much money from their Comanche sales, I am pretty sure they will be back to release more products on MSFS. At the same time, I am doubting A2A will bother to make any products for the other competing platforms, because it's simply too lucrative to make products for MSFS, and the ROI for making a product for MSFS is just too good.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

42 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Probably enough for Scott to purchase the next two aircraft which he will model for MSFS2024

Yup, for sure 🤣

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM