Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimC1702

FSX Acceleration release date differences???

Can anyone from the Aces Studio shed any light on why the release date in the UK is 11 days behind the US release? I know its not your deciscion, but knowing as you have told us, that the European market makes up the bulk of the franchise, isn't this a bit daft?I can't see personaly what difference it makes if its released at the same time worldwide.Greg

Greg B

>Can anyone from the Aces Studio shed any light on why the>release date in the UK is 11 days behind the US release? I>know its not your deciscion, but knowing as you have told us,>that the European market makes up the bulk of the franchise,>isn't this a bit daft?>I can't see personaly what difference it makes if its released>at the same time worldwide.>>GregAlso a far higher price :-lol actually due to that fact I'm skipping this one waiting for SP2 ;-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign1.jpg

André

I haven't heard anything about it being 11 days later. If it's anything like the release of RTM then it will depend on the vendor.They said the European market makes up the bulk of the franchise? Really?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest fsxmissionguy

It should be noted that Microsoft does not set the price ... they suggest a price (known in the US as the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.) It's illegal for Microsoft to tell your local software dealer how much profit they are allowed to add on when pricing the software they sell you. I'd definitely suggest shopping around for the best price.As for prices in Europe, having just returned from London, I can attest to the fact that a dollar just doesn't go very far there at this time, unfortunately.

>I think it's because of localization, they have to translate>it to some other languages than English and test it before>they can release it in Europe.>>KlasFair one, but I'm in the UK so there is no excuse on that front!;) The discs are even manufactured in Ireland so it rules out shipping......Greg

Greg B

>>I think it's because of localization, they have to>translate>>it to some other languages than English and test it before>>they can release it in Europe.>>>>Klas>>Fair one, but I'm in the UK so there is no excuse on that>front!;) >The discs are even manufactured in Ireland so it rules out>shipping......>>GregIts nearly always like that, the US gets a release first followed by the UK about a week or more later, as regards price, I'll buy online from somewhere like Play24 in Jersey they are always as cheap as it gets and they will ship early so the software actually arrives on the day of release or often a day or 2 before as happened with my copy of Bioshock from them.

Guest stevehow

Hi i just preordered it from Amazon.co.uk...

>Hi >i just preordered it from Amazon.co.uk...

Guest JimC1702

I keep checking Amazon here in the US but they don't have it for pre-order yet.Jim

Is this what you were looking for?[a href=http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FMicrosoft-Flight-Simulator-Acceleration-Expansion%2Fdp%2FB000U96L54%3Fie%3DUTF8%26s%3Delectronics%26qid%3D1192536533%26sr%3D8-3&tag=flyingscool-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325] Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration Expansion Pack at Amazon[/a]Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest JimC1702

Yep, I see that it's available now for pre-order. I just ordered my copy using a $25.00 gift certificate so it only cost me $5.00 plus shipping.Jim