Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Need help with the blurries

Guest Dave65

Hi guys,I know this has been talked to death,but I cannot find anything that helps with this problem,I have used the recommendations from this site http://fsx-tweaks.4t.com/fsx_cfg.html but I still have them,is there anything else out there I can try?Thanks

Guest SuperFortress

Same here. I've tried everything in the book so far and nothing seems to help.

Guest Dave65

I found out @ high altitude it looks good,the closer I get to the ground the blurrier it gets..

Unfortunately, this has already been tried by many with no success as some posts and replies state, but it helped me for whatever it might be worth.When I first installed FSX, I truthfully do not know if, and how bad blurries were (Pre-ordered installation when it first came out). I don't know if I just did not notice them at first and was concentrating on other things like frame rates, or if they evolved over time, possibly with SP1. However, they did eventually evolve into a display as defined below that nobody could ignore.I finally reformatted and started over from scratch with everything. I started out with nothing but XPPro and FSX including only whatever was required to run it. I checked and double checked after each installation of a program, virgin FSX, SP1, aircraft, utility etc.etc. (With multiple defrags). This took many days as I cranked up a flight between KLWB and KCVG after each step. I have a post relative to this scenario.My purpose was to find at what point blurries appeared. To my joy, they never did take over as they had before. My apprehension was that they would evolve over time. Thankfully, it has been weeks now and everything seems to be stable. It did help and FSX is acceptable now. However, I would never claim that blurries are totally absent even now. Thankfully, I have not had roads or airports virtually be overwhealmed by them to the extent that they are no more, and when they appear, my textures do catch up reasonably well.Some testify that they never see blurries and finger point at those of us who see them. Whether they simply don't notice them, or don't have them, they don't know how lucky they are IMHO. I hope they never do, but I wouldn't be too smug. Others regardless of the system they have see them. From what Phil has said among others with far more savvy than I have, there are blurries of several types that are being addressed by MS in one way or another, and they are real.For those that never see them, I would respectfully suggest that if they have not tried it yet, crank up anything, even a J3 Cub to say nothing of a fast moving Jet, fly at tree top level and follow a good highway or road (Speed is a key factor in how fast they appear). Granted this is not a normal flight, but it will highlight the problem. If your road does not degrade at all, you are really blessed and I truly envy you. This is even more noticable after installing Ultimate Terrain X as the roads are so much sharper to start with than the defaults. Before I started over, this got so bad that roads totally disappeared and by the time I reached my destination, I had ground traffic running around on bare terrain. The airport had green runways that looked a little like they use to look with the 5" floppy MS versions (Even portions of the runway disappeared at times).My starting over routine from a fresh format improved this situation and the display is much much better now. However, at times I still see blurries; then the textures catch up. Both before and after my reinstallation of everything, slider positions and every tweak I could find did little to nothing to improve this situation. For me personally, slider positions and/or tweaks did not get rid of blurries.Granted, my system may not be top of the line, but I believe that it should be adequate to run FSX, and does so reasonably well at this time. However, even at an acceptable level that I can put up with, I can make no claim that blurries do not exist at times.I have reached the point that FSX gets somewhere in the 90 percent range of my attention, but I still regress to FS9 occasionally to enjoy a bird not available in FSX with faultless performance and no glitches at all (Particularly out of KJFK fully maxed out, smooth as can be.)Respectfully:RTHASUS P5N-E-SLI MotherboardIntel E6600 Core2 Duo CPUZalman CNPS7700-CU RT CPU Fam4 GB KST DII800 MemoryWinXP ProNVIDIA VCG8800GTX 768MB Primary Video Graphics Card21