Sign in to follow this  
timest

Somewhat Speechless

nm

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

"Photoshop is a wonderfull program!"Was there any need for this comment?Tim provided one of the best freeware packages around for FS9 with Real Environment.It looks like he has been hard at work again for FSX yet you choose to show him a complete lack of respect with comments like this.I can only assume that you do not know of him or Real Environment.That package breathed new life into FS9 for me........Glenn

>As far as I know the only>way to pay when dealing with Flight1 is to use a credit card.>That's just not an option for me (I don't want a credit>card).Your bank doesn't offer a debit card? Here in the U.S. one can now even purchase a "pre-loaded Visa Debit card" at their local Walgreens, among other places... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>"Photoshop is a wonderfull program!">>Was there any need for this comment?While I too initially read this as a gratuitous and thinly veiled insinuation that the screenies posted were simply "Photoshopped fakes..."...upon reflection it occured to me that Photoshop is indeed what one would likely use to create replacements for the existing artwork used in FSX... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Guest PPSFA

Tks Bill! I should have expanded my post, I was in a hurry, you hit the nail on the head.... now back to the 'Memphis Belle' on the HD channel :-)

Guest danny68

Either way, the screens look great.Awesome news guys you are all working together now.Any plans for a weather planner.

Thanks Danny.. and I'm looking forward to working with the FEX team at some level :) And yes.. thank God for photoshop, without it, it would be awfully hard to do this kind of work ;) and by the way, more updated pics on page 5. Have fun.http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...&st=80&start=80

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest JSPuonti

>Your bank doesn't offer a debit card? Here in the U.S. one>can now even purchase a "pre-loaded Visa Debit card" at their>local Walgreens, among other places... ;)They do, in the form of Visa Electron (which I do have). It's a direct debit card. However, Visa Electron is not nearly as widely accepted as a regular Visa and Flight1's website makes no mention of supporting it :/

Hello My Visa electron debit card works fine with the flight1 wrapperSometimes too well :-)

>>Your bank doesn't offer a debit card? Here in the U.S. one>>can now even purchase a "pre-loaded Visa Debit card" at>their>>local Walgreens, among other places... ;)>>They do, in the form of Visa Electron (which I do have). It's>a direct debit card. However, Visa Electron is not nearly as>widely accepted as a regular Visa and Flight1's website makes>no mention of supporting it :/ In general, the presence of the "Visa" logo guarantees acceptance by any merchant who takes Visa......you see, merchants actually prefer "Visa Debit" because their transaction fees are significantly lower. For example, where the merchant's account with Visa might carry a 4.5% fee, the debit card typically would be 2 points lower... :)For me - the customer - it makes no difference whatever because it comes out of the merchant's pocket whether he chooses to use the "credit" or "debit" option to conclude the transaction!

Fr. Bill    

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Hi Tim,Those clouds look very realistic to me - exceptional rendering.What are the specs for the system are you running ? What is the impact on FPS of these clouds particularly where there is deep coverage?RE WOZ

Guest JSPuonti

Thanks for the clarification Bill. I'll need to contact my bank and confirm if the Electron I have from them can be used online (not all of them can, atleast where I'm from).

Guest danny68

I agree, I don't think it's superior but I don't think it's inferior either. It's a diffrent flavor to FEX.I think it's great to have some choice and a different interpretation.I think it's a good thing to offer this alternative flavor to users and also buy the sound of things it's all going to work with FEX's weather engine and environment simulator.It definitely makes sense to have Tim's textures being enabled for weather enabled selection. At least that's what I assume is going to be the case.