Sign in to follow this  
timest

Somewhat Speechless

Guest danny68

First I'm not surprised, but I am excited. It was obvious to me the dream team that John and Peter and Chris were putting together would seek out the best artists.I do remember you saying to Chris, on a recent post, there were some surprises in artwork stuff on one the posts. Looks like he knew much more than he was letting on.Certainly it seems to me these guys are the ones with the ACE cards and this team is for sure going to be the ones with the surprises.Of course there is going to be other surprises in the future regarding artwork and that kind of thing. But so far nothing has seemed to catch the FEX guys of guard or with the short straw.It's the old story that the best of best always seeks each other out in the end.So if there are some surprises in the near futher it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the fEX guys and Tim and John working with that project too.It's pretty obvious to me this team is on a mission to deliver awesome stuff.In fact this team could probably deliver a new flight simulator to us if they put their mind to it. If I was a guy with means and money I would be contacting these guys sooner than later to get them to build me a new flight sim.If these guys are putting together a new fligth sim then they are setting things up very well if you think about it. They are pretty much done all the texture side of things. If we see scenery's come from this team or aircraft then the big surprise to me will be if they don't do a new flight simulator over the next few years.

A quick note...We can arrange for a PayPal transaction through our ticket system.We also hope to have more expanded PayPal features in the near future also.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Wizard thanks for the nice words :) here are my specsComputer Specs: Intel Core2Quad Q6600EVGA nForce 680iEVGA 768MB 8800 gtxTwin2x2048 Dominator series 800mhzThermaltake 750WT(2) 300GB Seagate SATASony Nternal Dvd-r Dual Layer/dvdX-Fi Fatal1tyAntec P182 CaseWindows Vista Ultimate 32bitAndy danny yes, its just another 'flavor' :) Reed my MSN is timest999@hotmail.com

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

>I agree, I don't think it's superior but I don't think it's>inferior either. It's a diffrent flavor to FEX.>>I think it's great to have some choice and a different>interpretation.>>I think it's a good thing to offer this alternative flavor to>users and also buy the sound of things it's all going to work>with FEX's weather engine and environment simulator.>>It definitely makes sense to have Tim's textures being enabled>for weather enabled selection. At least that's what I assume>is going to be the case.>Actually Danny your sure you have no involvement with FEX :-lolPosting in all topics of FEX ;-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign1.jpg

André

>If we see scenery's come from this team or aircraft then the>big surprise to me will be if they don't do a new flight>simulator over the next few years.Oh, let's not get carried away with this. Scenery textures make up less than 4% of what is needed for a complete "flight simulator."That's no different that giving full credit to an artist such as Rembrandt, and totally ignoring the thousands of things that had to happen just to make the canvas on which he painted! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>If we see scenery's come from this team or aircraft then>the>>big surprise to me will be if they don't do a new flight>>simulator over the next few years.>>Oh, let's not get carried away with this. Scenery textures>make up less than 4% of what is needed for a complete "flight>simulator.">>That's no different that giving full credit to an artist such>as Rembrandt, and totally ignoring the thousands of things>that had to happen just to make the canvas on which he>painted! ;)Hehe, i like that 4% figure. I wonder how did you manage to get to that exact number...Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Peter Wilding was actualy talking about a 'new sim' at one point over at Simforums.I don't know if he ever took it any further.If he did, I would bet a weeks pay it would be awesome!Glenn

>Hehe, i like that 4% figure. I wonder how did you manage to>get to that exact number...Why it's an absolutely reliable statistic that I pulled out of the air only yesterday! ;)Seriously, it is an "educated guesstimate" based on years of professional systems analysis experience, as well as intimate familiarity with the component parts of the sim.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I just came across all of this and in 5 minutes saw Tim's X number of weeks of work and posts and then career breakthrough, amazing story. Amazing ability.Congratulations on getting deserved rewards for your obvious talent. Just keep developing and enjoying what you do.It has great to see all of this happening in the community. Fair play.

Hi gents, just an update, the website for REX is up and running. http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.comSo if you get a chance, go to the downloads area of the website and d/l the preview pack to get a general idea of the scope of REX. And just an update, there will be no integration of this package inside FEX. No need to have FEX in order to use Real Environment Xtreme. Also we now have a forum here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=292Feel free to ask questions, we'll do our best to answer them. Also keep an eye out in the forum for release information and details.Enjoy! :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

>Clouds are unbelievable but water in my opinion is way>overdone.>>Michael J.>http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpgThanks Michael, but we think you'll change your tune when we start showing you more variations of the water. There are so many possibilites and you are referring to only 1 style out of many. But hold tight we will start showing you soon. ;) McCrash.. we don't change any ground textures, except for airport environment enhancements.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com