Sign in to follow this  
OHN

Positive results from new ATI drivers

Hi all, just thought I'd let folks know if you hadn't heard. ATI has a new driver set out 7.10 catalyst drivers. I have a "maturing" card, x1900xt, and loaded these drivers last night. I can't give valid frames report as I didn't set up any scientific testing. Just didn't have the energy. But in the new controls, I set aa at 4x, and enabled supersampling. Seems like I'd tried that in the past and suffered serious frames setbacks. This time the results were satisfying. Super sharp visuals, never thought I'd see such great display, and pretty ok frames, nothing below 15 in downtown Las Vegas, extremely dense scenery, dense autogen, moderate settings for traffic, no bloom, ground shadows enabled, water at 2.0....Bobcore2duo e6600 @ 3.0ghz4gig ramx1900xt

Thanks for the heads up Bob.Downloading now.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

I have also had good results from the new drivers. I use ATI Tray Tools instead of CCC. The most interesting thing is that with all previous drivers, I could never get my memory clocks above the stock 702 without a freeze up. Now I have the memory set to 740 no problem. Go figure.:-) Enermax Noisetaker 2 600WAbit AV8 Bios 27Opteron 185 @2.9GhzZalman CNPS9500 LEDDiamond X1950Pro Agp @621/7402Gb OCZ Gold PC40002 WD Raptors, Raid 0Plextor PX-750ACreative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZSHauppauge WinTV-Pvr_150MCENEC Multisync FE950+Logitech Extreme 3D ProTrackIR 4XP Pro SP2FSX SP1

Guest Marlin Manhiem

Thanks for the heads up about the new drivers.This has seemed to correct my google earth problem. I always had to set the affinity to just one core or it would freeeeeeeze up. So far, so good.

You're all quite welcome, I read about this driver set on Toms Hardware, and the hype around them was absurd...like you'd get huge advantages...But..having far more pedestrian expectations, and a couple days now of enjoying them, I'm convinced this is the best driver set improvement I've seen in ages from these guys.Cheers,B

Agreed,X1900GT peforming better than ever here....Glenn

Thx for heads up. Just installed them and tried with FSX, no blurries at all.Havent been using FSX a long time so maybe im seeing things that arent there. im using a x1800xt and have enabled supersampling, definately looks much much better than when i gave up FSX some month ago.