Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

FSX one year Anniversary

Hi Randy,Left out of the loop? You've got to be kidding. In no time in the history of FS have 3rd party developers been MORE involved with ACES. The SDKs have been out for a very long time and everyone has had access to them. I think you have misplaced your disappointment. And no, as we get closer to FS11 there will not be these secret little changes you refer to.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

>Hi Randy,>>Left out of the loop? You've got to be kidding. In no time in>the history of FS have 3rd party developers been MORE involved>with ACES. The SDKs have been out for a very long time and>everyone has had access to them. I think you have misplaced>your disappointment. And no, as we get closer to FS11 there>will not be these secret little changes you refer to.Indeed! It's no longer a "secret" that ACES and many (most?) third-party developers have been in constant dialogue over the past eighteen months. Obviously the content of such dialogues remains priveleged, but the fact that there's bi-directional commnications is now public knowledge... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

And that will be reaffirmed enmasse when hundreds of devs get together with the ACES team at the Developer's Conference the week before the FANCON in Seattle.

After reading this forum and spending way too much time thinking about when to upgrade from my old P4 computer, I think I have decided on a dual FS strategy. Upgrade to a relatively inexpensive C2D and then run FS9 for the heavy addons (LDS, SSTSIM, etc.) and run FSX for the low and slow where framerates are better and I can enjoy the scenery. Seems like the best compromise until FS11 (at least in my mind).Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Jim,I like how you are not sugar-coating anything. I wish Randy felt differently but really, I've been around FS for 21 years now and it's better than it has ever been, despite the bumps in the road.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Dude, no change was made to the flight modelling. And MS admitted that. Yes you are dreaming again.

>Now the excitement is building up on the next iteration of FS,>especially when we hear the engine is going to built fresh>from the ground up, instead of being hampered by backwards>compatibility. >>You base this on what? I just looked over all the ACES team blogs and cannot find one reference to FS11 having a new graphic engine. Please point me to where you "heard" that?

Eric 

Guest United

In constant dialoge for 18 months???? and this is all I've got are dead addons for FS9 that don't work with FSX? You just made my point. 18 months later and a big zip!! Come on guys, wake up.Randy Jura, KPDX

> Come on>guys, wake up.>Oh, ho. And now we need to "wake up". Nice one.All I can say is, if this is sleeping then I am gonna keep doing it.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Dude, no change was made to the flight modelling. And MS>admitted that. Yes you are dreaming again.Hmmmmmmmmmm, :-hmmmThen it would make you wonder why RealAir had to make numerous changes with it's models for FSX; instead of just a direct port-over. And, if you can't tell the difference, then I can't help you...L.Adamson

Guest United

That's great TOm but it does me no good. My hobby has been trashed, good luck with all that.Randy Jura, KPDX

>In constant dialoge for 18 months???? and this is all I've>got are dead addons for FS9 that don't work with FSX? You>just made my point. 18 months later and a big zip!! Come on>guys, wake up.Why do I feel like I'm "talking" to a brick wall?Really Randy, you are simply impossible to dialog or reason with; you hear only what you want to hear, you see only what you want to see..."My mind is made up! Don't confuse me with the facts..." FSX SDK wasn't delivered with a fat red button labled "Click Here to Convert FS9 models to FSX."Randy, FS is still in what might best be described as the "teething stage" of a huge paradigm shift: a shift that has required fundamental changes not only in the models themselves, but the graphics formats and to a somewhat smaller degree, the gauge and panel system as well.Moreover, it has also required a major change in the way that developers need to - well - think. After doing things a particular way for well over a decade, we now have to remember, "Oh yeah! We can't do it that way anymore..." Old habits are hard to break... :-lol Thankfully, this time around not only were developers invited to the table early for dialog, but we were provided with most of the essential tools at the time of release. Some of the tools weren't delivered until SP1 was released (notably the GMax export tools). That has also been part of the reason for the delay in new FSX compliant releases.I say "thankfully," because had ACES followed the "established pattern" of previous releases, developers would only now be getting the needed tools and SDK - a full year after release!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator