Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

XP12.06b1 is out

15 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

When will be the antialiasing addressed? 12.07? For now, 4x MSAA or the heavier 8x won't make any difference with my RTX 3080ti in 12.06b2, and FXAA with 2k monitor doesn't look good to me.

It's not on their top priorities since they all have macs with retina displays and nvidia cards with AA postprocessing and they don't care for us peasants with 1080p displays.

• Like 5

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

just incredible with orbx trueearth

Dz1ljZ7.jpg

59AGTrV.jpg

EofZntC.jpg

Edited by UKflyer
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bogdansrb said:

It's not on their top priorities since they all have macs with retina displays and nvidia cards with AA postprocessing and they don't care for us peasants with 1080p displays.

Ah... 

Had to set a custom resolution of 4k in Nvidia control panel and use it in my 2k monitor with XP12, it helps, but decreases the frames.

Alexander Colka

enjoy! 

"Coming soon: “Minecraft clouds” (e.g. square cubic clouds, especially with real weather) should be fixed in beta 2, so enjoy them while they last."

-------------------------------------------

should be fixed, but were not fixed in beta 2.

https://developer.x-plane.com/2023/07/x-plane-12-06-is-full-of-many-things/

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

21 hours ago, turbomax said:

my suspicion from above error.log: WMR (Windows Mixed Reality) for my VR headset sometimes, after longer pauses not using it, shuts the headset down to protect the built-in LCD screens against burn-in effects, and x-plane's 2D-window has automatically resized to a lower resolution than my full 4K I had it before the crash. perhaps that's the problem and they need to make x-plane more robust against such unforeseen, unexpected resolution changes.

If you can (reliably) reproduce this, by all means, send LR a complete bugreport!

https://www.x-plane.com/x-plane-bug-report-form/

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

22 hours ago, bogdansrb said:

I´m on 4K and it shimmers like hell.

You also have to consider the screen size. A larger screen has lower DPI (at same resolution). In my case 75" with 4K. In addition, the distance to the screen must also be considered.

If I were gaming on a tiny iMac 27 inch 5k Retina, yes I wouldn't notice the shimmering either.

Edited by Skylon5000

FSX Computer: I7-980X @4GHZ - Kingston DDR3 1066MHZ (7-7-7-20) - Gainwaird GTX285 1GB - 2x Raptor 150GB (1. Generation)

4 hours ago, Skylon5000 said:

I´m on 4K and it shimmers like hell.

You also have to consider the screen size. A larger screen has lower DPI (at same resolution). In my case 75" with 4K. In addition, the distance to the screen must also be considered.

If I were gaming on a tiny iMac 27 inch 5k Retina, yes I wouldn't notice the shimmering either.

Austin stated that he didn't know about the issue. I think their testing team are the fans over at the org forum that can't see any issues with x-plane. Otherwise I can't explain how they didn't notice it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bogdansrb said:

Austin stated that he didn't know about the issue. I think their testing team are the fans over at the org forum that can't see any issues with x-plane. Otherwise I can't explain how they didn't notice it.

You obviously havnt being over there reading all the complaints.

I think, that today many gamers are thinking, that the bigest display with the highest resolution ist the holy grail.

In my opinieon the most gamers follow the advertising promises of the manufacturers.

I think a good FullHD Display with 29" in combination wir TrackIR brings a lot more with less problems.

It reminds me of the time when the foxtail on the Opel Manta's antenna was a substitute for penis size.

• Upvote 1

My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

15 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

You obviously havnt being over there reading all the complaints.

Complaints come from users. Some of the "old timers" there are testers for x-plane and they see it as the most perfect flight sim and only care about ridiculous issues that they report back to Laminar.

21 minutes ago, Dirk.M said:

I think a good FullHD Display with 29" in combination wir TrackIR brings a lot more with less problems.

FHD on a 29" screen sounds a bit...uncomfortable. Wouldn't QHD (1440p) be more appropriate for the screen size?

21 minutes ago, Dirk.M said:

It reminds me of the time when the foxtail on the Opel Manta's antenna was a substitute for penis size.

That function is merrily filled by SUVs and whatever else automotive monstrosity roams the streets nowadays.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

37 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

Some of the "old timers" there are testers for x-plane and they see it as the most perfect flight sim

I think you assume a lot. No one has ever said it is perfect, not one.

On 7/29/2023 at 10:31 PM, bogdansrb said:

Some of the "old timers" there are testers for x-plane and they see it as the most perfect flight sim

Perhaps you could back that up with some links?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home