Sign in to follow this  
sab12

Learjet 35A Minor Issues In P3Dv5.4

I was using P3Dv5.3 HF2 when I bought and installed the Flysimware Learjet 35A. I have what I believe to be the latest version of the 35a (4.3c) and I am using it with the latest version of the Reality XP 750.

There may have been problems with these things that I may have missed but when I upgraded to v5.4 I noted the following:

(1) On startup, the mach trim warning light is on and I do not know how to turn it off.

(2) The DME guages no longer seem to work for either Nav 1 or Nav 2

Is anyone else experiencing these things? Do you know of fixes?

Thanks,

Stephen

19 hours ago, sab12 said:

I was using P3Dv5.3 HF2 when I bought and installed the Flysimware Learjet 35A. I have what I believe to be the latest version of the 35a (4.3c) and I am using it with the latest version of the Reality XP 750.

There may have been problems with these things that I may have missed but when I upgraded to v5.4 I noted the following:

(1) On startup, the mach trim warning light is on and I do not know how to turn it off.

(2) The DME guages no longer seem to work for either Nav 1 or Nav 2

Is anyone else experiencing these things? Do you know of fixes?

Thanks,

Stephen

I don't see either of those problems. The Nav1 and Nav2 DME works for me, and the only trim light I see is the TO TRIM warning until I set the trim correctly for takeoff. BTW, I'm using Win10 in case that makes a difference.

Al

Hi Al,

Thanks for your response. I must admit with some embarrassment that I have been unable to replicate the conditions I posted about. My best surmise is that I unthinkingly loaded the 35A on top of another plane that was already running and that messed a few things up. 

The 35A is running beautifully in P3Dv5.4. Didn't want to leave any question of possible issues.....

Thanks,

Stephen

13 hours ago, sab12 said:

Hi Al,

Thanks for your response. I must admit with some embarrassment that I have been unable to replicate the conditions I posted about. My best surmise is that I unthinkingly loaded the 35A on top of another plane that was already running and that messed a few things up. 

The 35A is running beautifully in P3Dv5.4. Didn't want to leave any question of possible issues.....

Thanks,

Stephen

Glad the DME and trim is working.

I'm trying to help with another problem some LearJet35A users are having in P3Dv5.4 with the Payload Manager not working in that they can't use the Payload Manager click spots to load passengers or cargo, but they can adjust the fuel. I can't replicate that problem and think it really is an issue with their P3Dv5.4 install of Simconnect. It would be helpful if you could confirm the Payload Manager passenger and cargo click spots are working as expected, or not, for you.

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

Al.

I appear to have the problem you describe with the Payload Manager. I can adjust fuel but not passengers or cargo.

Stephen

5 hours ago, sab12 said:

Al.

I appear to have the problem you describe with the Payload Manager. I can adjust fuel but not passengers or cargo.

Stephen

Ah, OK. There is an ongoing discussion about this on the FSW Discord site. Latest is:

1. Make sure you have the file XMLTools64.dll in your main P3Dv5 folder. Size should be 381KB.

2. Follow the suggestion here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRcQJf5I9bk&t=22s to get SimConnect installed.  Basically you go to the redist (redistribute) folder in your main P3Dv5 folder and then ...redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib and double click on SimConnect.msi. Then restart the sim. Worth a try.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

You might find it useful to read through the threads below to see if you come across anything that might be helpful to your situation with the Payload Manager.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/632606-simconnect-issue/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/634457-simconnect-not-working/?tab=comments#comment-4966781

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/631443-simconnect-dependant-addons-not-working/?tab=comments#comment-4932440

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Al,

Your initial suggestion did not help. Will look at your most recent suggestions.

Thanks,

Stephen

14 hours ago, sab12 said:

Hi Al,

Your initial suggestion did not help. Will look at your most recent suggestions.

Thanks,

Stephen

What drive do you have P3d installed to? 

17 minutes ago, sab12 said:

The C:/P3D/P3Dv5 drive

OK, thanks. One of the other users with this Payload problem has the sim on the D drive and I was curious if that was common to all 3 users with the problem.

Al

12 hours ago, Doksas said:

My sim is on root C partition, also have problem with payload in v5.4

I am starting to think there might be an problem with XMLTools64.dll in P3Dv5.4, but need to do some more investigating.

Al

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ark said:

I am starting to think there might be an problem with XMLTools64.dll in P3Dv5.4, but need to do some more investigating.

Al

Looks like the problem is P3Dv5.4 itself (and P3dv6). See https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/xmltools64-c-simvars-problem-in-p3dv5-4.457499/

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Al,

So this issue has to wait for if/when a hotfix is issued for P3Dv5.4 by Lockheed Martin? I assume that this also means that there may be new issues with other aircraft that worked before v5.4?

Stephen