Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Wizard of Oz

Oscar's Aussie trees spot ON

Guest The Wizard of Oz

For all you Aussie simmers out there look at this shot using Aime (Oscar) Leclercq

:-eek Very nice too WOZ! Any chance you can recommend an excellent local firm/team that do quality local scenery for QLD, in particular the areas around Brisbane, Toowoomba and Kilcoy. The view from my pad atop of Mt Mee bears little resemblence to my FSX generic scenery. :-beerchug

Guest tmilton

Eucalyptus! :D Native Austrailian trees that are now popular around the world. That's an excellent rendition. Any closeups of the trees?I love that screenshot. The combination of the grass, trees and rolling fields makes me want to buy that piece of land and build a house right there!

Guest The Wizard of Oz

As requested Tim and shack for you to camp overnight!. This is how it looks after average rains but of course in droughts the grass becomes brownish and dry. The trees because of their eucalyptus oil stay pretty much the same summer and winter. To the right looks remarkably like a wattle tree (mimosa) that blooms in August. I can hear those kookaburras laughing in the trees as well

Not to be picky, but wattles in Australia are the genus Acacia, comprised of some 1100 distinct species. This compares with around 750 species in the genus Eucalyptus. The confusion arises because in Russia, Italy and other countries it is customary to present women with yellow 'mimosas' (among other flowers) on International Women's Day (March 8). This flower is actually from Acacia dealbata (Silver Wattle).Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Can't argue with that. But my mother who came from Europe used to refer to Aussie wattle as mimosa - its a very loose connection put in for those not familiar with the word wattle. Thanks for the clarification.Cheers WOZ

Guest tmilton

Those trees look even better than I thought they would close up. This is an exceptional job done here.Thanks for posting the shot, WOZ. Now who would not just love to claim this little house under the aromatic leaves of the Eucalyptus! :-cool

A house under a eucalypt, fine until the next bush fire season!

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

That's what I like to see, good ol' Aussie optimism (LOL)She'll be right mate - No worriesWOZ