Sign in to follow this  
Mozzy

Yet another weather addon.

Guest Dave65

Well,I have had ASX/X Graphics for about 2 months now,it is by far the best money I have spent for anything related to sim flying,great support staff and just flat out good people to deal with.I for one will be looking forward to the new products..

Guest weeniemcween

I am very dissapointed by this. Activesky X is a great program in many ways, most obviously in its complex layering of clouds, the whole x-gauge/map interface and wake turbulence. But $45 is a lot to pay for a weather add on that does not solve two basic problems, sudden wind shifts and visibility changes. I mean, the reason we pay for add ons is to make the sim better, to get around the limitations, and smooth transitions in these two areas are just so so fundamental. Without them Activesky X is really just a cloud cover, wake, and partial wind depicter; it cannot be called a weather depicter since weather is all about transitions.Honestly, I expected these two features to be provided in future updates. The funny thing is, I will probably buy Active Sky Advanced (and perhaps the other two programs) for all the other cool new features, but I do not like having to pay for such essential characteristics of weather when I have already spent $45 on a weather add on.

Hi,Did you read Damian's post that he made addressing the wind shift issue?As far as visibility: the base product(FSX) still handles the control of visibility the same way that the previous product(FS04) did: by using cloud layers and there is no way around this.We are also limited by the way we interact with FSX. This interaction method is not a constant as it was with FS04. Therefore we need to get what is given to us by Microsoft and then figure out how to make it all work. Then when you take into consideration how many times that method has changed since we started working on ASX you end up with a bit of a lag time.Be assured that we are not done with ASX and we will continue to work on whatever we can to improve things.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Gee...I really started something with this thread:P Thanks Jim, for the updates on ASX and how FSX handles visibility. I guess I've been blaming ASX too much for FS shortcomings and, believe it or not, became frustrated with TOO MANY add-on options to choose from, with 2 weather engine developers playing leapfrog. ;-) This is a good thing.I'm thankful we have such great prospects with FSX.I'm currently trying out some workaround for the visibility issue using ASX and FEX. I'll see how that goes and look forward to an ASX update.