Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

LDDU/Dubrovnik - a quick look along the coast

Went to check if LDDU had gotten any attention in the last update. Doesn't look like it. Orbx used to have a nice one for P3D but we know how that works. While I was "purchasing" the update in the markteplace I spotted the Mirage going for about £6, and although their stuff is a bit ropey the external model is nice and I like the aircraft so . . .

JuyeQMX.jpg

heading up to Dubrovnik I thought "what on earth is that?"
3MQrwZX.jpg

So I went down to take a look
cbsES7c.jpg

UNRYqmH.jpg

One of the things that struck me was that it felt a bit like the LODs had been messed with again. The hills in the background here look a bit vague on my big screen, and I don't mean because of any atmospherics or hazing, just out of focus.
Uh64DfU.jpg

YtLBl5P.jpg

The PG here is not too bad
6pskKcO.jpg

Yyv7XNC.jpg

But I couldn't get any closer than this to this lot a bit further up the coast. It all got very melty and ugly if I tried
b5z4mxC.jpg

ruTlnWt.jpg

I don't know how well this will show up for you, but on my big screen at 4k it's horribly obvious that this is a coastline of two halves. Pretty much split in the middle of this shot, to the right the PG and vegetation is good, but to the left we're in vegetative uglifact mode, big time. But to be honest, this is what I expect from MSFS these days. It's a real mixed bag as far as the PG goes - some great, some appalling. And not even necessarily consistently so as it seems to vary depending on network resources. Still, way more good than bad though.
a41rG2w.jpg

Edited by andy1252
typo
  • Like 8

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

You've got a sharp eye, Andy! And so glad you choose so often to go to places of mutual interest.

• Like 2

Nice set Andy, looking fine there..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Nothing beats a Mirage for doing a bit of low and slow.

Beautiful scenery show here and I am at a loss to think why after all these years I have never taken a close look at Dubrovnik town.

• Like 3

Lovely shots of this picturesque airport and vicinity...and the £6 Mirage is (nicely) doing its thing here ...🙂 ...

BTW, Andy, whenever I hear/see about LDDU/Dubrovnik, I cannot but think of that tragic 737/T-43A accident of 1996 that had happened there...involving the mountains seen so vividly in your pictures, here ...

Yes, agree, Orbx had a good rendition of LDDU in FSX/P3D, as I recall ...I also recall (practicing) flying the (JF/CS?) T-43A model into the infamous Runway 12 approach of LDDU ...

Thanks for posting ...!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, John F said:

You've got a sharp eye,

Don't know about that, John. It really shrieked at me on my big 4k setup.

15 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Nice set Andy, looking fine there..

Thanks PM, nice bit of coastline and I'll try it again in case it was just a server thing, but it feels a bit of a let down to me.

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Nothing beats a Mirage for doing a bit of low and slow.

My sentiments entirely, Martyn!

6 hours ago, P_7878 said:

the £6 Mirage is (nicely) doing its thing here

Cheers, and yes, I'm actually well pleased with that. Cockpit's a bit FSX but I don't spend much time there anyway <grin>

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.