Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Ignorant Question concerning Acceleration/SP2?

I hate to show my ignorance (again), but I am a bit confused relative to this package. (Wonder if I am the only one?)From past reading I was under the impression that the Flight Simulator X Acceleration package included SP2 (for FSX) and was only applicable to the Vista Operating System.However, when I look at Microsoft's System requirements on the MS Flight Simulator X Acceleration web page, under system requirements it lists:"Microsoft

Guest Lith1um

DX10 is a Vista exclusive feature, Microsoft has no plans of ever releasing a version of DX10 for XP.SP2, and the xpack, essentially incorporate two code paths. One DX9 code path, one DX10 code path. Only Vista users can run the DX10 code path.Both code paths incorporate improvements/optimizations so users of either o.s. will benefit from SP2 or the xpack.All of the SP2 fixes are incorporated into the xpack. You can either buy the xpack and have no need for SP2, or just wait for SP2.Myself, I'll buy the xpack because it has some great features.

Guest UlfB

>Can this package be installed for XP Pro,>and if so what will it provide, and what will>be missing without Vista? >Will SP2 for FSX be installed in XP Pro?Hi,I can't believe that you missed the lengthy thread about Acc-pack/SP2 ;-)Have a look at Phil Taylor's blog (http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/default.aspx) and you'll find this...First, we have a name change. We have a set of fixes that we want to widely deliver, and that means installing on XP and Vista, for DX9 and DX10. So with that being the case, the name FSX-DX10 isn

Guest Lith1um

The following is taken from Phil's blog,====================================================================FSX SP2-DX9 Here is a list of what is in SP2 from a

Thanks for the clarification Guys?I probably will not update for a while to Vista, but am interested in the Acceleration package and SP2 for XP. Respectfully:RTH