Sign in to follow this  
Guest byoung

Eaglesoft Cessna Citation II FMS??

Guest byoung

I posted this on the Eaglesoft Tech Forum as well..I am interested in purchasing the CII, but noticed there is no FMS??? Does anybody know if there is a third party FMS add-on that would be a good fit for the CII?Update: It appears the RW A/C has a Garmin G1000. Only third party is $50 USD, Ouch! Thanks!Barry

Where did you get information that the CII has a G1000? The CII was shipped with Collins Pro Lines as far as I know.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest byoung

My Error, it was the Cessna Citation Mustang. I saw it on a Wikipedia site. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_Citation_MustangBut back to the original question, Colins Pro. The Eaglesoft CII appears to not model the Collins Pro Lines, based on the info on their web site? is there a third party Colins Pro Lines available?Sorry for the confusion. Thanks!

>But back to the original question, Colins Pro. The Eaglesoft>CII appears to not model the Collins Pro Lines, based on the>info on their web site? is there a third party Colins Pro>Lines available?Understand that the Citation II is a very "old" (relatively speaking!) aircraft. The model I created for Eaglesoft represents a 1966 Citation II that has been upgraded many times over the years. I doubt that today you could even find two CII a/c with all original equipment, and certainly not with identical equipment! ;)The original equipment list for the CII was entirely analog instruments. Fancy electronics hadn't even been invented yet... *:-* Search at any of the aircraft photo sites and note that every CII shown is "unique" in it's equipment list and panel layout.As for an FMS, I have never encountered a single example of a CII with an FMS installed, which isn't to suggest that there isn't one somewhere, only that I've never found one! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest byoung

It appears that I should go ahead and wait for the Citation X release for FSX? The GS1000 might be a good fit for the CII as I saw it listed under the Citation Mustang avionics equipment.Barry

>It appears that I should go ahead and wait for the Citation X>release for FSX? The GS1000 might be a good fit for the CII>as I saw it listed under the Citation Mustang avionics>equipment.Unless Garmin applies for and more importantly pays for the process for their G1000 to obtain an STC* for the Citation II, it could never happen in Real Life.So no, that won't happen from us either, as we model real life, specific aircraft. ;)*STC - Supplemental Type CertificateIn particular, note the following regarding STC approvals from the the FAA:More than one STC may be necessary for a given modification. One STC may be required to approve the change to an engine or propeller, while a second STC may be necessary to approve the aircraft installation of the modified engine or propeller. An STC will probably be required if a significant amount of analysis or flight tests are required, or if extensive flight manual changes are necessary. An STC is issued through the FAA ACO or Engine Certification Office (ECO) which serves the geographic area of residence of the STC owner. Significant STC applications will require coordination with the Directorate, and may involve more time to process the application.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest byoung

Thanks for the great information Bill.I am going to wait until the Citation X is released and look at the panels / aviaonic package and then decide.Take care!Barry

Guest Aviator_Frank

Bill, I've got Eaglesoft's Citation II, as well as the CJ1 (spectacular planes, BTW) but is there any way to put a piece of duct tape over the Virtual First Officer's mouth? Those constant call-outs remind me of a trip I took with my mother-in-law once to the Grand Canyon. I almost left here there. Thank you -Frank

Guest PPSFA

There is a VF icon, be sure its disabled if you dont want to hear the callouts.