Sign in to follow this  
CPEPE

FSX Expansion Pack at Circuit City? $17.99 ????

Simple. They are betting that at full retail it's going to be a marginal product. So, cut the price at the introduction and maximize the revenue on volume. Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

> Simple. They are betting that at full retail it's going>to be a marginal product. So, cut the price at the>introduction and maximize the revenue on volume. >>DougThanks Doug, you said it much better than I did..

$29.99 at FutureShop in Canada this Tuesday.I'm there.

> Based on past prices, most of Microsoft products are pretty much sold in the same price range. Best Buy had FSX for $20 within the first week or two that it was out.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Simple:It's a loss leader to get you into the store for Christmas to buy new computers to RUN IT ON.

>Simple:>>It's a loss leader to get you into the store for Christmas to>buy new computers to RUN IT ON.By Jove I think you have it..........Good show!

>Sorry about that Chris, I went back and looked and they are>also selling the FSX Standard Flight Sim for $17.99 also, what>gives? As far as driving to get it I will drive about 100>miles roundtrip to Tallahasee,Fl to pick it up, not because I>need to but it gives me a chance to get out for a few hours. I>may pick up a couple at that price...Blue Skies!>>Oh, I forgot to mention I really do not want to wait until>Chrsitmas to get FSX SP2, it comes with Expansion pack now.>The guy before you said: "I'm not driving 15 miles to save a few bucks..."Here's the math on your savings:29.99 - 17.99 = 12.00Average vehicle MPG in 2004: 20.8Average Gas price in Tallahassee (October, 2007): 2.80Cost to go 100 miles: $13.44You overpay by $1.44 (not including tax or shipping for other methods of purchase)You'd break even if you averaged 23.4 MPG on the way there and you'd be getting into savings beyond that.J-

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>Joey, I have been trying to figure out the same thing and I>have a theory and I might as well put it out now. Based on>past prices, most of Microsoft products are pretty much sold>in the same price range. Maybe they have given CC the ok to>sell at this price to set a price as to what people will pay,>in other words: Do you sell more at CC for 17.99 or more at BB>for 29.99? That is my guess. Also it seems odd that they have>FSX also at $17.99,,,Just thinking out loud!It seems that there might not be any MAP [minimum advertised price] on this product (perhaps not for FSX either).

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>The guy before you said: "I'm not driving 15 miles to save a>few bucks...">>Here's the math on your savings:>>29.99 - 17.99 = 12.00>>Average vehicle MPG in 2004: 20.8>>Average Gas price in Tallahassee (October, 2007): 2.80>>Cost to go 100 miles: $13.44>>You overpay by $1.44 (not including tax or shipping for other>methods of purchase)>>You'd break even if you averaged 23.4 MPG on the way there and>you'd be getting into savings beyond that.>>J-Quite a workup you did there J, I am going to do OK because I get a little over average on gas mileage. I have a 1999 Taurus that gets close to 26 MPG and also our gas is a bit below aveage here. I may save only pennies in the end, but I will have fun doing it LOLBTW I only get to drive to Tallahassee on occassions like this, did the same thing to get FSX when it first came out. I annot wait to see the Aircraft carrier and F-18, I have been practicing on Abacus Flight Deck 4 and I am sure this will be lots better...Thanks Again for the workup!Danny

>It seems that there might not be any MAP [minimum advertised>price] on this product (perhaps not for FSX either).I just assumed there was because I have seen it mostly for $29.99 and what really bugs me is Walmart prices where you would expect them to be lower, not anymore!

$29.99 is the suggested retail price, but that's all it can be is a suggestion, MS isn't allowed to control the price at retail (that's illegal in the US :-> ). So most stores are selling at or near the suggested price and Circuit City has decided to go with a more aggressive price to get folks to come into their store instead of BestBuy/Target/WalMart/etc (sounds like its working, given the folks in this thread talking about traveling some distance to get to a Circuit City store :-> ).

Since this is about the expansion pack, is the 23rd the shipping date or release (Street) date? I am going to wait until people say they have it before I drive anywhere.

I doubt that considering how good FSX sold.I'd say its more about just getting people in their store in the hope they can be talked into buying other more expensive stuff.