Sign in to follow this  
CPEPE

FSX Expansion Pack at Circuit City? $17.99 ????

Every store i go to online says tomorrow guys...i think we got screwed when they told us it was being released today. Released to shipping maybe, but not to sell. Phil should clear this up ASAP.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>Every store i go to online says tomorrow guys...i think we>got screwed when they told us it was being released today.>Released to shipping maybe, but not to sell. Phil should clear>this up ASAP.Sounds like more of Microsoft Drama "SO ARE THE DAYS OF YOUR PC". I was the one that originally started this thread and when I called Circuit City the Saleslady had no idea what I was talking about, after I explained it to her she said, our shipments do not come in until Wed. so I would check back then, she said nothing about Tuesday 10-23-07, but that is what the web site and ad said.I guess by now we should know that especially with MS, release dates and stuff are just vague targets......Happy Flying!

Maybe its news here, but once we release the bits to manufacturing, its completely out of Aces control. Aces make product, we dont manufacture, market, sell, ship, distribute, set prices, etc. That is a completely different set of people, most of whom I dont even know.And I cannot believe 1 day is that huge a deal to wait for a game. Think of what is going on in the world around you. Be greatful your biggest problem is waiting 1 day for a game. Take a deep breath. Really.

>Maybe its news here, but once we release the bits to>manufacturing, its completely out of Aces control. Aces make>product, we dont manufacture, market, sell, ship, distribute,>set prices, etc. That is a completely different set of people,> most of whom I dont even know.>>And I cannot believe 1 day is that huge a deal to wait for a>game. Think of what is going on in the world around you. Be>greatful your biggest problem is waiting 1 day for a game.>Take a deep breath. Really.Good, reasonable and rational points phil...All applicable if you were dealing with normal people. This is FAN site however (heck, the big yearly fiesta is now called FANCON). The etymology of the word fan suggests fanatic!The world DOES END when release date slips.Picture the scene in Men in Black where the train-station locker is opened and aliens, living in their little world within the locker, see their world cast in a new and strange light...their response: "All is lost":-)

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

How come they didn't just release a download version of this? Wouldn't that have made everyone much happier?Just a thought.

2+Gbyes in size. 2.7 I seem to recall, but certainly 2+.I dont believe that is really an option. It really does need DVD release.Edit:And since it is payware, Aces does not control the delivery mechanism.

And Ms does control the day things are released regardless of what you say. Our local bestbuy had a shelf full of fsx in stock for almost a week before it was released to the masses and would not sell it because MS controls the release date. They get in trouble for selling anything before a street date. The street date was supposed to be the 23rd which is why i am mad. Call me mad, call me a nutt, whatever. I have been looking more forward to this pack than any other game coming out, including crysis. You and the other people on here making me feel like a jerk should be glad that i am so anxious to buy your product instead of making me feel like a lunatic. Sheesh. Pardon me for loving and being passionate about fsx and aviation.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>Maybe its news here, but once we release the bits to>manufacturing, its completely out of Aces control. Aces make>product, we dont manufacture, market, sell, ship, distribute,>set prices, etc. That is a completely different set of people,> most of whom I dont even know.>>And I cannot believe 1 day is that huge a deal to wait for a>game. Think of what is going on in the world around you. Be>greatful your biggest problem is waiting 1 day for a game.>Take a deep breath. Really.Hee hee! Come on Phil. This is as important to us as Food and water. You should have known this by now!ROFLMAO.. :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Considering the lowest price seen on the web in my country (Denmark) is DKK 299 = $53,62 (with local shipping DKK 347 = $64,60) even I might be tempted to take my old trusted Viking ship out of ordinary, dust off the mothballs, and go in search of a Curcuit City shop in Vineland x:-) After all release here (and in the rest of Europe) is reported to be on Nov 3rd - so with a good wind there should be time enough to raid the place :-sword I might of course also consider ordering the d... thing from Play.com who are willing to sell at

I called my local Circuit City here and nothing yet the sales guy at cc had also told me that there was nothing on his list for next week I think but in any case I will be notified by email when its in stock. Aces is the design studio of the game they have no control at all at delivery dates shipments that's other team on ms remember Aces is a game studio only.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

>And Ms does control the day things are released regardless of>what you say. Our local bestbuy had a shelf full of fsx in>stock for almost a week before it was released to the masses>and would not sell it because MS controls the release date.>They get in trouble for selling anything before a street date.>The street date was supposed to be the 23rd which is why i am>mad.Astrodave got caught out on a bad day for him an a bad day for Phil, who reached his tolerance point.I will point out that there is partial truth in Astrodave's statements above. A year ago, when FSX was released, there was an Official release date and it was fairly tightly observed. There was even a SNAFU related to some stores breaking that date.This morning, this site: http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/fsxacceleration.aspx says that Acceleration is "now available."Futhermore, this site: http://www.fsinsider.com/news/Pages/Accele...onGoesGold.aspx clearly says "Expansion pack for "Flight Simulator X" franchise adds a host of new missions, planes and modes and hits store shelves Oct. 23rdMicrosoft Game Studios today announced the first expansion pack for the critically acclaimed "Flight Simulator X," released last Fall, has gone gold and will begin hitting retailers throughout North America on Oct. 23rd."I don't know who maintains the fsinsider.com website, but the impression one gets at a glance is that the ACES team is responsible for the content on that site.It might be outrageous to lose self-control over 10/23 coming and going without the product being on the shop shelves, but the 10/23 date DID come from Microsoft.People make this assumption:1) Microsoft and ACES are running the fsinsider.com website for fans.2) fsinsider.com says 10/233) 10/23 comes and goes without the product on the shelves4) Microsoft and ACES, what happened?This is why people, rationally or irrationally, will turn to the project lead and say, "hey, where's my toy?"So, whereas Phil says in a very informative and detailed blog post on October 2nd, 2007 that "Acceleration will be available in late October," the fsinsider.com site says "the first expansion pack for the critically acclaimed "Flight Simulator X," released last Fall, has gone gold and will begin hitting retailers throughout North America on Oct. 23rd."No matter how big or small, there was a discrepancy and this will be a disappointment for some people. How that disappointment is handled (on all sides) is anothing thing. As astrodave was herded out the door, he was uttering "I'm not crazy, I'm not a nutt (sic)." On the matter of fact, he is partially correct, the date didn't come "from retailers" as I incorrectly asserted in other posts, it seems to have come from the official Microsoft site for flight simulator fans.So, whereas Phil does not directly make any promises about a release date on his blog, the official outlet for information concerning Microsoft Flight Simulator does: fsinsider.com says October 23, 2007.Note: all of this information was accurate on the morning of October 24th, 2007.So, astrodave was rude, but he wasn't entirely crazy on some of the facts.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>This morning, this site:>http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/fsxacceleration.aspx says>that Acceleration is "now available.">>Futhermore, this site:>http://www.fsinsider.com/news/Pages/Accele...onGoesGold.aspx>clearly says "Expansion pack for "Flight Simulator X">franchise adds a host of new missions, planes and modes and>hits store shelves Oct. 23rd>>Microsoft Game Studios today announced the first expansion>pack for the critically acclaimed "Flight Simulator X,">released last Fall, has gone gold and will begin hitting>retailers throughout North America on Oct. 23rd.">>I don't know who maintains the fsinsider.com website, but the>impression one gets at a glance is that the ACES team is>responsible for the content on that site.>>It might be outrageous to lose self-control over 10/23 coming>and going without the product being on the shop shelves, but>the 10/23 date DID come from Microsoft.>>People make this assumption:>>1) Microsoft and ACES are running the fsinsider.com website>for fans.>2) fsinsider.com says 10/23>3) 10/23 comes and goes without the product on the shelves>4) Microsoft and ACES, what happened?>>This is why people, rationally or irrationally, will turn to>the project lead and say, "hey, where's my toy?">>So, whereas Phil says in a very informative and detailed blog>post on October 2nd, 2007 that "Acceleration will be available>in late October," the fsinsider.com site says "the first>expansion pack for the critically acclaimed "Flight Simulator>X," released last Fall, has gone gold and will begin hitting>retailers throughout North America on Oct. 23rd."Very nice post and as far as I am concerned I am going to do what Phil Taylor said "take a big breath and relax". I am watching the fire story in California and realizing that he is right, the release of the Expansion pack is not the the most important thing! As a matter of fact I am not going to pursue it further and I will wait until I am sure it is on the shelf or available online and deal with it. Again after watching the news now it does not seem relevant right now.Anyone who is in California and effected by this or has friends or Loved ones there, my prayers and thoughts go out to you!