Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

FSX display problem with DX10

Guest gerrit

HelloI have the 8800GTX and run Vista Home Pre.When I start FSX the scenery is still displayed with DX9 graphics.After a minute or so the scenery changes to DX10 graphics.If I chage views the scenery shows DX9 graphics again.I have installed newest graphic driver and installed SP1 for FSX.Furhter I installed the Windows Vista update for gaming for display problems.I need your help please. Thank you very much,Greetings from Munich, Germany

Unless I have missed some very important announcement, FSX doesn't supports FSX yet. You'll have to wait for SP2.

Guest gerrit

I don't understand your answer. Can you explain why?

FSX can not display anything in DX10 as the code doesn't exist!You will have to either purchase and install the new Acceleration addon package from Microsoft, or wait until the FREE SP2 update is released.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm curious to know what you are actually talking about as FSX does not get DX10 support until the yet to be released SP2-DX10 update is applied.

>Hello>>>After a minute or so the scenery changes to DX10 graphics.>How do you know it changes to DX10 graphics? What makes you say its DX10 and what is the change that you perceive to be?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I'd guess he means Vista Aero Graphics on the desktop are turned off when running FSX.That's just the way it is for now, might have been fixed in the upcoming FSX SP2 update or Vista SP1 update, but for now its just the way it is.

Guest gerrit

Okay folksI will try to make a screenshot and let you compare the graphics. There is huge difference. I hope I will be able to makte the shot.

Could you be talking about blurry textures? On changing views, especially from tower you may lose texture res for about 15-20 seconds (depending on location) as it slowly comes back in, texture res may also take a few seconds after the initial load. I have the 8800 GTX as well and experience the same issues.DX10 graphics for FSX is only available with SP2 which has not been released at this time unless you are on the beta team for acceleration.

I think you ment FSX doesn't support DX10 yet. "FSX doesn't support FSX yet" - that would be bad, lol :-)

>Okay folks>>I will try to make a screenshot and let you compare the>graphics. There is huge difference. I hope I will be able to>makte the shot.You are not running DX10 yet.I don't know what you are seeing, but it can't be DX10 unless you were a beta tester of FSX:A.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest gerrit

Okay I finally got the pictures. It was really hard as the scenery comes and goes.I have only resize the images and not edit it in some way.Please tell me what do you think about the screens difference.DX9 179248DX10 179249

Guest gerrit

Views from the cockpit.Please especially look the texture from the cloud, ocean and mountains. The color looks much more deep.

Guest gerrit

I would love to post more pictures but I can't as AVSIM doesn't let me post me more than that 3 files. What a crap.

Your not seeing DX10. But you do have some kind of problem. I'd reinstall and see if that fixes it.