Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevehow

Terrain/Scenery,are they the same?

Guest Dave65

I just bought Ultimate Terrain and was wondering if that is the same as something like Mega Scenery.I mean you see scenery products for sale and terrain products for sale,are these the same thing?and if not,what scenery would go good with UT USA??I also have ASX/X Graphics installed..Thanks:)

Hi David,Ultimate Terrain and photo scenery like Megascenery are entirely different products.Megascenery is aerial photo textures layered on the mesh (elevation) to give you are real world scenery. These are by locations. Meaning. South California, Dallas Ft Worth, Phoenix are etc.Ultimate Terrain is not about textures. there is no photo scenery. It enhances the default details of the coast line, rivers, lakes and other water bodies. You would see more lakes than the default flight sim. You would see more contours to the rivers. You would also see more streets and roads. Thats the meat and potatoes of UT. They also provide with some alternate default runway textures and street lights, alternate runway default lights etc. Its usually for a large area. UT for the entire US or Canada or Europe.MannyI think, we need a sticky post explaining these things for everyone.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Thats the meat and potatoes of UT. They also provide with some>alternate default runway textures and street lights, alternate>runway default lights etc.Ultimate Terrain FSX products do not provide any changes to the airport environment i.e. no alternate runway or taxiway textures, no alternate runway or taxiway lights.It does of course provide street light objects as 3D points of light.For more information on the capabilities and functionality of Ultimate Terrain (including a slideshow) see the Scenery Solutions web-site at http://www.scenerysolutions.comJeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Oh yeah.. Mea Culpa. Thats right.,.no runway textures.Hee hee.. Too many products providing for cross functional features...is too confusing! :(

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Dave65

Ok guys thanks,cleared that right up..Can you recommend a good scenery package to go along with UT??Thanks

Guest stevehow

Hi my absolute favourite at the moment is Megascenery Hawaii..Looks and Fps are very good.should add that it only does the one island ,but still very cheap for what you get.... cheers steve