Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

SP1 has nothing to do with blurries!

Guest unitedpilot36

Right? ... wrong, the following shots were taken prior to and post SP1 installation. My settings were exactly the same in each shot. Can anyone argue this? SP1 causes a problem with how the textures load, nuff said.Pre-SP1http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2133/168635...ff1554a1c_o.jpgPost-SP1http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2112/168721...da16fe5e9_o.jpgThis is simply to point out that SP1 indeed does cause blurries. If you don't have blurries, great, that still doesn't change the fact that this problem exists. Aces caused this problem in SP1 so I just hope that they fix it in SP2.

Guest unitedpilot36

Ok, I still have blurries but they're greatly reduced. I have less blurries on Vista than on XP. lolWhile I wish it the textures would keep up at the pace of RTM, I'll take what I can get.

Guest DC-9

It seems as if it's not allocating the textures into memory fast enough, or, better yet, prioritizing how things load. I agree though, SP1 seriously changed how textures load. It's definitely not a question of hardware, this is entirely a software issue.

Or it could be a question of both. I'm just not seeing that type of blur on my system, not even low and fast with SP1. I'll concur though, I hope this problem gets fixed.

As I mentioned in another thread-I never really had blurries until I upgraded from a 17" to a 24" monitor last week. I tried all kinds of .cfg tweaks with no joy-until I reset my fps setting to 20 locked from unlimited (unlimited is what nvidia recommends for my card). It is really strange-because with the old setup-I would get stutters with a locked setting and lower fps. Now I get greater smoothness and I havn't seen blurries yet. Someone mentioned that the locked setting should be a division of your monitor refresh rate-maybe give this a try.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest The Wizard of Oz

G'day Chris,Yes, you certainly have a problem. Others, including me, fortunately do not. But it would be worthwhile for us (and ACES) if you provided details of your system specs, and settings so that these reports can be put in some kind of category. There maybe one common element that causes this and perhaps even a simple solution. Back to you.Re WOZ

Guest Beetle

This issue was researched in great detail by Christian Buchner, who developed TileProxy. He established that independent of hardware, OS, video card, etc., the texture loading mechanism was altered with SP1- its not even debatable. Countless others have noticed this as well- its pretty well documented in the TP forum. With textures being the lifeblood of a program like TP, it was pretty evident to anyone looking at textures (whether they be default or satellite imagery) that SP1 negatively affected the way textures load.One could speculate that there was a perf tradeoff between the texture loader and some other area of FSX in order to gain a much needed perf boost- remember how sluggish FSX performed pre-SP1?As I have stated in another thread on this issue, ACES and Phil Taylor have been oddly silent regarding this issue, especially given their responsiveness to countless other issues in FSX (and kudos to them for being involved at all at the community level). However, their absolute silence about this issue leading up to the release of Acceleration makes me pretty suspicious. It would not be in the best commercial interests of MS to address this issue before the Acceleration release IF the SP2 work does NOT help with this texture issue. If they came out and said "SP2 does NOT fix this issue" then the many folks that are waiting for help with this problem would be less likely to rush right out and get Acceleration and instead just wait for the free SP2. I can only speak for myself when I say that if SP2 does not fix the issue, I will wait for the free SP2 download. I am not saying Acceleration has no value; rather, crisp textures are so important to the realism of flying low and slow that I do not wish to sink more money into an FSX with blurry textures- I'll just wait (and hope) that FS11 has this problem licked.Phil / ACES, are you listening? Why so responsive about other issues and not this one? Did the boss tell you guys to keep quiet 'till Acceleration drops?

From my observations here the issue happens with XP, Vista, Intel, AMD, dual core, single core, Nvidia, and ATI. The *ONLY* commonality between users with this issue is SP1.

Guest unitedpilot36

>From my observations here the issue happens with XP, Vista,>Intel, AMD, dual core, single core, Nvidia, and ATI. The>*ONLY* commonality between users with this issue is SP1. ...And Aces says nothing about it, bunch of lazy developers. :-mad They won't even acknowledge the issue that THEY created. As everyone can see, my pc kept up with the textures perfectly well with RTM. After SP1, as you can see, a giant blob. That shoots the theory of hardware right out the window. This is an SP1 issue, and if SP2 doesn't address this than I'm selling my copy of FSX because it's not worth the time and money I put into it.

This attitude is exactly why I am posting a lot less on AVSim these days. In my article discussing the changes in SP1 I specifically noted that we changed both terrain loading and terrain texture composition. No need to prove that changed, I stated it did a priori. And here on AVSim after SP1 I participated in several long threads about blurries. There was no conclusive evidence of what is causing this issue, as people with similar spec machines to those having blurries do not see this. Which of course makes debugging the issue hard.And as part of that discussion I authored a long article ( posted on my blog and FSInsider ) clarifying terminology and discussed "Type 2 blurries" at length. The type of blurries you are seeing are not what is covered in the article I authored; but to gloss over that and the threads here on AVSim like no communication has occured is factually wrong.So please be accurate if you feel you must post accusations like this.

It appears to me that the textures haven't loaded yet (obviously), as if its not keeping up for whatever reason. The same thing happens if you were to get to that same position (when textures have loaded normally) and then go into slew mode and slew forward about a mile. The textures aren't loaded completely and you get that blurry scene. What happens if you pause, does it eventually load?

Guest unitedpilot36

>It appears to me that the textures haven't loaded yet>(obviously), as if its not keeping up for whatever reason. The>same thing happens if you were to get to that same position>(when textures have loaded normally) and then go into slew>mode and slew forward about a mile. The textures aren't loaded>completely and you get that blurry scene. >>What happens if you pause, does it eventually load?Yes.

"...And Aces says nothing about it, bunch of lazy developers."Okay, that just got AVSIM removed as your soap box. You are outta here.EDIT: and this thread is now locked.

I'm running SP1 and am not experiencing the problem with texture that you are. I can tell you that I did experience the problem pre SP1 running an AMD64 3700. Craig Lian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec