Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Good news for Reality XP users....

Jean-Luc just reported on the RXP Forum that the FSX versions of the FLN and FLT gauge packages may be released today or tomorrow. They are still working on the Garmin 430/530's, but they will also be following in the future.

Guest DreamFleet

Yes, Jean-Luc Dupiot at RXP is burning the midnight oil on this. Of course, FSX being the "moving target" that it is, he had yet another issue to deal with when it came to "Acceleration". What worked in SP1 crashed with SP2. Thankfully at last check all was well (just an hour ago). This transition is not at all easy to deal with.I've been running the new FLN/FLT gauges in the DF Piper Dakota for the last several days, and they continue to run smooth as silk, and...There's a new feature with FLN/FLT, pretty cool too, and you will need to install another, small gauge on your panel to adjust this feature.;) This is not a feature you can do programming gauges via the SDK, yet is one very realistic to real gauges.He is moving on to converting the GNS430/530 next, and he expects to make good progress on them.He is also dealing with the AXP Airbus too (as am I), but what he is doing with the FLT/FLN, etc. is all based on what he is doing with the AXP Airbus. It's a ton of work, and one thing leads to another.His wife must be most-understanding!Ultimately, delays bring forth good things in this case. :)I'm very excited about what RXP is doing with their new Gauge XTreme technology (it essentially works outside of FS, and allows us to do what we want with little or no dependence on the FS SDK).Oh, and if anyone has any questions, we'll both be in Seattle for DevCon and FanCon in November. No display booth though, just meet us at the bar at the Hilton! :-bigangel Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Really looking forward to these releases Lou; I really miss these various gauges since moving primarily over to the FSX world. Although some of my new FSX models have gauge knobs built into the model itself, making some of the RXP units tough for retrofit, I can surely find some good candidates for upgrades in my hanger.And, I assume, this may make the A36 a candidate as a full blown FSX version now?....albeit the 3308 would be the final piece to that puzzle, as the Wx500 is already finished.

Guest DreamFleet

>Wish I could be there. Jean Luc is the greatest-looking>forward to all this new stuff-even flying a Dakota-though I>don't know if I can get used to going that slow :-lol>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg>Forum Moderator>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/I may go slower than you in my Dakota, Geoff, but I spend a heck of a lot less money doing it too! Let's see, 143 kts in the Dakota at around $120 an hour. How's that compare with the Baron? ;)Then again, I also fly a Cessna Turbo 210, and I dare say that will give your Baron a run for its money any day! Of course, you'll need to get up that high in the Baron first- good luck! The 210 does 198 kts, and has a service ceiling of FL280.:-lolLet's not even talk about the 421B I fly, as that is just a fast "money pit". An easy $500 an hour, or an hour in the shop for each hour in the air.Speed is nice, but with many aircraft it costs $$$$$. The real world ain't FS!Thankfully I do not have to pay to fly the 210 or 421. Now, that's a deal!Just bustin' ya', and all in good fun, my friend, and wish you could be there with us. :)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Hi Lou!Nice seing you here from time to time.I hope everything is going well for you my friend :-)Enjoy your Seattle trip.Warmest regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Yeah-for sure I know the horrible fps I get (fuel per second).On the other hand -when I broke down in Missouri last year (brand new engines) I had to rent a Cessna 172 to come back-almost a 5 hour flight plus one stop for fuel-about 6 hours total time. Picking up the Baron later-2.5 hours flight and no stop. 45 gallons in the Cessna and 68 in the Baron. Not so bad if you rationalize it that way-like I do! :-lolhttp://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

:-beerchugThanks Lou :--)I return the compliment with pleasure!Be well my friend.David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest DreamFleet

Aside from the night light dimming and the icons over the click spots there is not much visual difference to see in these new gauges over the previous RXP FLN / FLT gauges (of course the previous ones were fantastic to begin with), however these new RXP gauges have nothing to do with the FS SDK, and are totally new as to programming, even more so than the previous ones.In essence their programming has essentially nothing to do with the FS SDK. At best they just need to use a few variables from FS in order to run.Let some folks say what they will, but these gauges represent just the start of what can be done. Looks can be deceiving.Great work, Jean-Luc! :)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

>>On the other hand -when I broke down in Missouri last year>(brand new engines) I had to rent a Cessna 172 to come>back-almost a 5 hour flight plus one stop for fuel-about 6If I may ask, where did you break down in Missouri?I know you have re-fueled with the cheap fuel at TKTX but I am not sure if you broke down there, or somewhere else.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Great news indeed!! :-)Looking forward to seing the ST3400 TAWS as well

Best regards,
David Roch