Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Fenix V2 B1 Released

1 minute ago, garydpoole said:

Anyone tried this version with FSiPanel yet? 

Working fine with FSIpanel

• Like 3

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Just now, hvw said:

Working fine with FSIpanel

Good to hear. Thanks for the quick reply! 

• Like 1

I am experiencing severe display lagging/stuttering whenever MSFS is the actively selected window but it immediately becomes silky smooth if I click off onto another window on a different monitor. FPS performance is solid and the sim is running smooth, just the displays are terrible. Essentially makes it unflyable right now as following the FD is impossible.

DX11/DX12 no difference, Fullscreen/Windowed no difference. I've tried all of the display rendering options in the app with no change. Anyone else had this and managed to fix it?

Edited by Andrew2448

3 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

I am experiencing severe display lagging/stuttering whenever MSFS is the actively selected window but it immediately becomes silky smooth if I click off onto another window on a different monitor. FPS performance is solid and the sim is running smooth, just the displays are terrible. Essentially makes it unflyable right now as following the FD is impossible.

DX11/DX12 no difference, Fullscreen/Windowed no difference. I've tried all of the display rendering options in the app with no change. Anyone else had this and managed to fix it?

can you disable fullscreen optimization on FlightSimulator.exe and only run in borderless windowed mode and let me know what happens?

Aamir Thacker

13 minutes ago, Aamir said:

can you disable fullscreen optimization on FlightSimulator.exe and only run in borderless windowed mode and let me know what happens?

I only have options for Fullscreen and Windowed in MSFS so not sure how I can force borderless windowed but I did just try disabling full screen optimization on the exe and running in both the Fullscreen and Windowed options in MSFS with no change unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

I only have options for Fullscreen and Windowed in MSFS so not sure how I can force borderless windowed but I did just try disabling full screen optimization on the exe and running in both the Fullscreen and Windowed options in MSFS with no change unfortunately.

Okay, next step - can you disable Game Mode?

Aamir Thacker

1 minute ago, Aamir said:

Okay, next step - can you disable Game Mode?

That appears to be off already in the Windows Settings.

you say you have 2 screens ?

2 monitors,2 tv's ?

Edited by sonny147

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

5 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

That appears to be off already in the Windows Settings.

Okay, just ensure it's off, reboot - and try Fenix again - and in the meanwhile, are you running any Anti Virus software in the background other than windows defender? 

Aamir Thacker

43 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

You aren't running something like Process Lasso with ProBalance enabled, that is throttling the Fenix process in the background?

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

13 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Okay, just ensure it's off, reboot - and try Fenix again - and in the meanwhile, are you running any Anti Virus software in the background other than windows defender? 

Completed a computer restart, double checked that full screen optimization is still turned off and game mode is off after restart, continue to see the issue. No anti-virus software installed outside of the standard Windows features.

For reference I have been through 4-5 computer restarts since installing the new update and I did a complete uninstall and new install as recommend so I don't think it is related to the initial CPU issues you guys were seeing.

Happy to take this offline/to another location so we don't clog up the thread with my problems if you want. I can report back if/when we find a solution in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

15 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

you say you have 2 screens ?

2 monitors,2 tv's ?

2 standard monitors and 1 TV hooked up to the same PC. When the TV is connected windows has it set as the "primary" monitor so that's what MSFS runs on. For reference, I have been using this setup for a while and did not experience these issues with V1 Fenix or any other aircraft (PMDG, etc).

6 minutes ago, Sethos said:

You aren't running something like Process Lasso with ProBalance enabled, that is throttling the Fenix process in the background?

No sir, nothing that would affect process priorities. Just standard Windows.

Do you Have Frame Generation turned on ? 

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

Just now, sonny147 said:

Do you Have Frame Generation turned on ? 

No frame generation or DLSS, just using TAA w/ a 4070Ti at 4K. Running same settings as I was running the V1 aircraft at.

Logo light work on your plane ?

I put mine on but no light on tail 

Plus is there a specific reason for when you make a direct to when you are on star  the plane goes in Vapp speed ?

Edited by grandfred29

Frédéric Giraud