Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FANTASTIC shader enhancement for water

Yes, thanks for the heads-up Jase.Unfortunately, it looks like they gave up.we'll see.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest jase439

Well, they may have given up. I haven't. I really liked this shader. Try this file and see how you fare in SP2. I promise it's not another regurgitation of the Microsoft default.EDIT: added screenshot

Hi Jade,Fantastic!A warm thanks and congrats for your determination!:--))))I also liked this shader. Your file is perfect too.:-beerchug http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4899/20...91232855ra9.jpghttp://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1390/20...92129556jf4.jpghttp://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4125/20...09345555hz3.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

David... Great screenshots! What scenery package has the beach, umbrellas etc... and your mountains are wonderful. What are you using?!? Where are the mountains? And those elevated night lights... I'm not sure I've seen those before. Are they stock?Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve,The beach and umbrellas are part of Fly Tampa's Princess Juliana scenery (TNCM):http://www.flytampa.org/The mountain in the two other shots are those from Megascenery Hawaii (awesome scenery):http://www.megascenery.com/home.htmThe beautiful lights are those from Ultimate Terrain X for USA:http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utxusaRegards,

Best regards,
David Roch

Sorry for writing Jade instead of Jase!! (-:

Best regards,
David Roch

The credit goes to Ingvarr for the original idea and to Jase with his beautiful file for SP2::--)

Best regards,
David Roch

Guest jase439

All credit still goes to Ingvarr. A monkey could have done what I did :) I just worked out what shader calcs he tweaked in SP1 and plopped the changes across in the SP2 version in the appropriate places (which proved MUCH easier than trying to massage the old version into the new). I'm glad it's working.On an unrelated note...I noticed that when the Caravan leaves a wake in the water, there is a periodic "tear" in the texture. I've seen this same "tear" in the contrail textures when flying at altitude. It looks to me like an animated texture that is scrolling but doesn't completely wrap around on itself, leaving a small gap. Do other people experience this also?

Boy Dave... I have got to MOVE ON from FSX-Tweak to FSX-fun!! And I am planning to do just that as soon as Christmas is over. I have a week and a half of vacation starting on December 31.The reason I say is because I have BOTH Megascenery Hawaii and UTX USA... and I've been so busy with life or making the crazy sim run smooth, that I haven't even had time to enjoy the scenery... but I WILL. I've got the GEX/Active Sky/XGraphics/and FEX too. I've just got to quit fiddling with this thing and have fun!!!One query... when I went to the FlyTampa site, I noticed that the San Maarten Island and others were set up for FS2002/04. Does it work in FSX as well?Thanks, Steve

"Boy Dave... I have got to MOVE ON from FSX-Tweak to FSX-fun!!"lol :-)The Fly Tampa's package covers many islands for FS9 but only Princess Juliana/St-Marteen is compatible with FSX.You can have more information about this great scenery in their forum.

Best regards,
David Roch

Hi King Kong! :--)Yes I have noticed this periodic tear as well.Not so disturbing though

Best regards,
David Roch

Thanks Jase!!!! :-jumpyIs this your creation? If so...Thanks a million. Even if it's not, thanks for digging it up.Dave Edit - I see below that it is your modification of Ingvaar's original shader. Well done!!!

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Well then...that means I'm a lower form of life than a monkey:-)Jase - Thanks for picking up the ball and running with it. The shader mod looks great in SP2.Dave :-wave

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Guest wjotten

>Well, they may have given up. I haven't. I really liked>this shader. Try this file and see how you fare in SP2. I>promise it's not another regurgitation of the Microsoft>default.>>EDIT: added screenshotOkay...so then, for those of us who are NOT programmers do we still have to back up some terrain folder or delete something or is it simply replacing some file with the contents of this text file? This looks great and I'm an SP2/Acceleration user so I'd like to do this change but need to know precisely what has to be done.Thanks! And Happy Holidays to all..