Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Concorde released

2 minutes ago, Sethos said:

It does look like it's missing some ambient occlusion, some shadows, some 'depth'. At first glance, it does almost look like a 2D panel based on how flat it looks.

It's in the darkest part of the cockpit. Not much light gets there. Surely every switch working is more important than just looks. :sad:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.4, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

VC only although the 3 INSs can be shown in 2D popups. Takes some adjustment after 2D popups but with the help of ChasePlane I'll get there. This is part of the FE panel...

Ray, are you actually able to manage the engineers panel or is it all automated and you as Captain are just flying the aircraft ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Just now, MarkW said:

Ray, are you actually able to manage the engineers panel or is it all automated and you as Captain are just flying the aircraft ?

For now, everything is locked down. If I could I'd move the fuel further aft. 58.5 is not great.

They have listened to customers and the option to handle elements ourselves is on the way.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.4, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Surely every switch working is more important than just looks.

Surely that is the base of FSL logic, but not everyone share this approach

Artur 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

VC only although the 3 INSs can be shown in 2D popups. Takes some adjustment after 2D popups but with the help of ChasePlane I'll get there. This is part of the FE panel...

Hi Ray,

It's possible to have also Radar (Shift 5 or 6)

Richard.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Image removed.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 hour ago, DrumsArt said:

Hi Ray,

It's possible to have also Radar (Shift 5 or 6)

Richard.

Yes, fully operational weather radar. 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

As much as I would love the Concorde, and as much as I have stuck with P3D (v6 guy here), I am NOT going back to 5.4. As much as I hate to say this, FSLabs have wasted their talent on a dead sim and not only that, but the LAST version of a dead sim. They have yet to realize that. This topic is sometimes not even trending HERE. Do I need to say more? Lefteris, Andrew... right your course. Your first MSFS project should also note be an A 320. 

• Like 2

I have held back from commenting on FSL Concorde until I have a fuller understanding of how it operates. There are also some performance issues which the team are working hard to resolve.

It isn’t just a 64-bit version of the highly successful Concorde-X. There is a virtual First Officer and Flight Engineer who perform their tasks and you hear them do it. You as captain just do the things that are your responsibility.

It interacts heavily with GSX and the flight planning uses a HP computer for the whole procedure. It takes time to learn but I’m getting there.

As for it being a “dead sim” well everyone is entitled to their opinion but I consider it very much alive. It’s still compatible with Radar Contact, has Ai that behave correctly and with a comprehensive SDK the weather api is open to third parties. Pretty good for a “dead sim” I would say.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

P3D is only dead to the ones who have already left.

• Like 6

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 9/8/2023 at 2:23 PM, BostonJeremy77 said:

Lefteris, Andrew... right your course. Your first MSFS project should also note be an A 320. 

Not to worry, they don't seem that interested in MSFS or Airbus since they haven't shared an update on their progress since May of last year and then proceeded to tell customers that they'd share more after Concorde released but I guess they forgot. Meanwhile, Fenix has a full roadmap into next year that will complete the CEO line-up that FSL users have been missing in MSFS and go even further (e.g. A319 with sharklets, which FSL refused to make in P3D). 

It is clear that the Force is not very strong within the flightsim community.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 hours ago, chapstick said:

Not to worry, they don't seem that interested in MSFS or Airbus since they haven't shared an update on their progress since May of last year and then proceeded to tell customers that they'd share more after Concorde released but I guess they forgot. Meanwhile, Fenix has a full roadmap into next year that will complete the CEO line-up that FSL users have been missing in MSFS and go even further (e.g. A319 with sharklets, which FSL refused to make in P3D). 

I think their bus will be worth any wait - if you look at streams from BlackBox711, even recent versions of the Fenix still lack the flight characteristics of the real thing (e.g. pitch/power, flare, fuel flow models) as described by Mr Howie a year or so ago. They will have a lot on their plate to get that up to scratch.

The most faithful desktop a320 Sim is the FSL, and I reckon it will be too in MSFS. I still don't use MSFS due to lacking a weather radar, historical weather, proper weather depiction etc. I really hope these things will be seen to.

Edited by VHOJT

20 hours ago, chapstick said:

Clearly are not very familiar with FSL's development processes

was years before we got anything solid regarding the current incarnation of the Concorde. I wouldn't expect to see much regarding the Airbus for MSFS until it's approaching being done.

Edited by SimeonWilbury

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

My very personal opinion is that they should stick to P3D.

V6 is good and will get better, their knowledge of the platform is robust and sound, like they will probably get very difficultly in MFS.

I judge this based on how the PMDG 737 and the Fenix A320 feel in MFS compared to what I have in P3D, even the A2A... and for some reason I am back to P3D 🙂

Making the Concorde available for v6 would probably be their best choice right now, together with the airbuses...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme disks, Win11.

Main Flight Simulators: Prepar3d 5.4 and 6, MFS. 2020 (and looking fwd into FS2024)