Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Concorde released

Hi John, you appear to have done all you can to fix this yourself. I agree a ticket is now required.

Would that be a Windows update? If so state the version and build number you have.

Many years ago Lefteris connected remotely to my PC to help me with an issue with Concorde-X. I would suggest you ask for similar help as everything suggested at the forum level hasn’t resolved things.

I think it may be related to a port setting missing but until I can get mine working I can’t check that theory.

The log entry saying “Error” is totally unhelpful. It needs to be specific about why the connection cannot be established.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray just mentioned a very pertinent item - Windows Update specially if you're on Win10...

Some Win 10 updates completely mess the TCP stack, and you get network instability and disruption of all sorts until you push it into your rig and install...

Check under the Win Updt menu if that's the case.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: ACTIVE SKY, FSHUD, PMDG(MSFS), A2A(MSFS), FBW A32N, FENIX A320, TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2

@jcomm, I agree it could be related to a Windows update but if that was the case I'd expect to see more posts about it on the support forums. There aren't which makes me think it's something on John's machine.

For the record I had W10 Pro installed on my machine running Concorde without issue and as far as I recall it was up to date. I haven't yet attempted to install it on my new W11 Pro PC.

But this from John is perhaps crucial..."It was certainly working for me the first time I installed the product however at some point, perhaps after an update it stopped."

The current version and build number should be supplied on the ticket raised at FSL. But he also needs to clarify what was updated. Concorde or Windows.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot

Apologies, I was referring to an update to the Concorde software, I've also flipped between the experimental channel with no difference. The fact the same issue occurs on two separate systems perhaps suggest the problem lays elsewhere. A while back I couldn't connect to the X-Plane download server on any PC unless using a VPN. This thankfully cleared up after changing ISP, but I wonder if something similar is going on here. I've sent a new ticket to FS Labs in the meantime. As someone who works in flight sim development I know how frustrating these individual issues can be to track down.

@jcomm I'm actually using Windows 11, there is an update waiting for install so I'll get that installed.

@JohnH90, agreed that if you're having problems with XP that rules out anything specific to Concorde.

Your two systems intrigues me. Normally you would install Concorde on a single PC and if you wished to install it on another you'd have to uninstall it on the first. Is that what you're doing?

I'm not questioning your licence - simply the switching to another PC to install it and then getting problems. Did you have any problems when it was first installed and also when the first update for Concorde came out?

I suspect your use of a VPN might be linked to the issue. Can you revert to your standard ISP? I can see from my mod privileges your current IP address looks fine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The problem with X-Plane no longer exists since changing service provider. I live in a strange part of the country which up until now only had the 1 provider, it wouldn't surprise me if there's some oddity going on with the new one though.

Correct, I completely uninstalled the product from one PC and to another. As far as I remember it performance calculations were working fine for the initial release build as well as the first set of updates. It was only after coming back to the software after a couple of weeks that I noticed the noise abatement time was coming far too early. This prompted me to investigate further and I found this thread on the FS Labs forum with someone having a similar issue at specific airports. https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/33548-unable-to-connect-to-takeoff-performance-server-at-specific-airport/. For me the issue occurs at every airport. 

No VPN in use right now, that was only temporary whilst I got those X-Plane download issues sorted.

Thanks Ray.

Hi John, interesting that the OP of that topic never came back. Have you raised a ticket yet?

Pity we can’t revert to the original release or even download the install package so we’re not reliant on the CC software.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ticket raised this afternoon. Yea presumably he got it sorted. His issues was for specific airports only whereas mine is all airports. The calculations I get are identical to the ones in his screenshot.  Must be some sort of fallback 

Indeed, it would at least give me a bit more info as to whether the problem is at my end. 

Thanks again, I’ll update you if I hear anything. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JohnH90 said:

Problem is he doesn’t say how it was fixed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot Of course I commented on this thread, to be told again that the problem is my end and with no offer of any further help diagnosing the issue. Still waiting on a reply to my support ticket.

21 minutes ago, JohnH90 said:

@Ray Proudfoot Of course I commented on this thread, to be told again that the problem is my end and with no offer of any further help diagnosing the issue. Still waiting on a reply to my support ticket.

It will be interesting to see how they handle your ticket. Can you remember if a popup appeared during the initial install requesting approval for firewall access? I have had it on a couple of programs but can’t recall if it happened for Concorde.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Unfortunately still waiting for a response to my second ticket, they do state it can take up to 2 business days which its now over. I've been told on the forum yet again that the problem must be at my end, with no offer of further help. 

Can't say I'm impressed by this lack of support. Certainly not for a product that I paid £80 for. 

2 hours ago, CO2Neutral said:

... does anyone know if their Concorde still tries to keep changing one's Prepar3d.cfg to what FSLabs think is best for their aircraft when they don't actually know or even try to determine one's hardware?

Oh wait, I see there is no P3D V6 version, odd considering every other complex aircraft I have for V5 works just fine in V6 ... oh well more missed opportunities, maybe some day.

I installed it today and there were two messages about my config file being changed to optimise Concorde operations. I have no idea what those are but I wish they’d be more transparent about what their changing.

Please edit your post to remove the reference to spyware. That was many years ago and they did apologise. If it’s still unedited in a couple of hours I’ll hide the post.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Part of quoted post removed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Please edit your post to remove the reference to spyware. That was many years ago and they did apologise. If it’s still unedited in a couple of hours I’ll hide the post.

Pointing out that it’s a past issue makes sense but asking him to edit it is a bit heavy handed.