Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Concorde released

44 minutes ago, JohnH90 said:

@Ray Proudfoot Concorde fixed with the latest update. Thanks again for your help on this one.

I saw that but have they disclosed what the problem was? Such reliance on external web sources is not ideal.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot  I did ask but no reply to that one. I've also had mixed luck with the Concorde even though that problem is fixed. These could very well be my problem though.

1. Engine failure on every takeoff regardless of route, I never get the green go lights and this results in the engine failure call out.

2. FO enters the waypoints in a strange order. For example on KJFK-EGLL he will enter waypoint 1 into the number 7 waypoint position. The INS never to aligns either, staying at 9 on the accuracy. 

Hopefully I'll find some time over the Christmas period to sit down and troubleshoot these, however I wonder if you have had any issues along these lines?

@JohnH90, I'm not surprised they didn't release reasons for the failure of the HP computer to generate a plan. I had a problem two weeks ago when we had very low pressure in the UK. 964hPa on the 4th. They had to adjust the minimum pressure set in their files and later in the day the plan could be generated.

On your points...

1) Known problem and will be fixed. I get it as well.

2) I've not flown the KJFK-EGLL route as fps were too poor on my old PC. With my new one it will be fine but I'm not into these 3hr+ flights plus 20m setting up the flight especially when I can't control the fuel manually. Have you reported it?

One issue I queried and had a solution to was the ability to setup a ChasePlane view for the cabin Marilake display. Moving rearwards from the flight deck just revealed a white blob.

The view needs setting up by switching to an external view and then moving into the fuselage. Fine tuning then to position the camera. Odd way of doing it but it was explained it's a limitation of P3D. If you use their CP files it's done for you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I wanted to chime in. Given my username, profile picture and my involvement in the modification to the fuelburn that I did for Concorde-X a few years ago, you might expect that I am passionately flying the new Concorde for P3Dv5.

I bought this thing on the day of release because I think that FS-Labs deserved the money for their work. However, I have to admit that I have not flown it yet (I don't even have it installed) (Ray must be shocked to hear this 😁), because I haven't found the time yet to dedicate myself to learn how to fly it. The other, more important reason is that the plane is too much centered around the VCS and the HP 200 LX-computer in the current state, which is turning me off. I want to fly a Concorde, in which you can just dial the switches and knobs, go through the procedures and see the airplane behave like the real pendant without the need to file a flight plan or use the HP pocket computer. After all, the real thing didn't need it to fly from a physics standpoint. 😉 I want to be able to control the plane directly and have the virtual flight engineer only control the engineer panel (including pumping the fuel). I understand that the approach by FS-Labs is designed to be user-friendly, but it seems that things don't always work as intended according to what I read on the official forum.

I will wait and see if there will be an option someday to turn off the VCS and the HP computer, so that the interaction with the plane becomes more direct with no one in-between to potentially screw things up. To those who enjoy flying this plane, I want to say - more power to you!

• Like 1

@Afterburner, if you want a quick ‘n dirty configuration there is an “engines running” option that will have you ready for takeoff. I’ve used it a couple of times myself for circuit practice. But be aware the aircraft is very sensitive to pitch movement. Keeping the autothrottles on is more or less mandatory.

I’m disappointed the major update is taking so long. But as usual trying to get anything out of them is nigh impossible.

Once you get used to the interaction with GSX it’s relatively easy to get a flight configured. Now that I’ve ironed out all the little issues I should have more time available for flying.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

After reading this entire thread, seeing the pleasant tone, advice, and positive comments, I’m seriously considering getting this. If only just to support Andrew Wilson, who I’ve spoken to a few times, and is a very respectful and considerate, not to mention talented, person. 

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GoranM said:

After reading this entire thread, seeing the pleasant tone, advice, and positive comments, I’m seriously considering getting this. If only just to support Andrew Wilson, who I’ve spoken to a few times, and is a very respectful and considerate, not to mention talented, person. 

the best part is that you will still get a discount on the MSFS version when released 😎😆

• Upvote 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

10 hours ago, GoranM said:

I think I will do the same. 

• Upvote 1