Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lith1um

Will the real PhilTaylor please stand up!

Mr. Taylor, I just wanted you to know that I've been here since MSFS 5.0 I think it was... Wow, can't even remember if that is correct... I think I have invested over 25k in this hobby of mine over the year and plan to continue. I wanted to apologize for the few people that don't understand what it takes day in and day out, to keep our hobby afloat. So stand up, because I take my hat off to you Mr. Taylor, ACES, and the few companies that bring us "As real as it gets" add on's. Thanks, and as always we will be right here looking for what is next, when is it going to be released, who has the first copy, and what great lengths I'm going to travel to get my copy... ;-) Take care and keep up the great work...! Oh and yes lets not leave out AVSIM, Thank you... Over and out!System Specs:Windows Vista 64bit/FSX Windows Vista 32bitThermaltake Toughpower 850WEVGA nForce 680i SLIC2D E6600 4GB Corsair Dominator PC2-8500EVGA 8800GTXBose Companion 5 USB speakers150GB Western Digital "Raptor" Running Vista 64bitSeagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Vista 32bit

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

I second that.It's very cool we have the game developers communicating with the community. Hopefully it will stay like this. If we stay constructive and civilized as a community we will be able to accomplish great things! Please everyone

Guest tmilton

Phil, the majority of us highly appreciate you taking the time to converse with us in this forum. And I want to convey my thanks to you for a great job done, in both your work at ACES and here talking and interacting with us.Thanks again!

Guest nels

Yep - thanks mate. I'd also like to say an imeasurable thank you from all the readers of these forums who haven't registered and therefore can't post here who no doubt also feel the incredible embarrassment of how you've been treated here.No doubt your team lose a little motivation when they read all this guff, but please believe that your (sometimes) silent fanbase owes you so much and has huge respect for your great work.All the best,Nels

Absolutely!A tip of the cap to Phil and the whole ACES team for their efforts. First, of course, for their artistry translated into product. But what makes this release so very special is the willingness of Phil and others to stand up and communicate directly with the community. All this is critical stuff for the franchise. I hope that new members of our community will understand the novelty and the importance, and the frailty, of this two-way contact.So a personal thanks to all.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

One more time, ditto.Whenever there is a new release there is bound to be a lot of bellyache regarding first expectations, then first impressions, problems, workarounds, tweaks, systems upgrades, service updates etc. Having someone from the Aces team live through these turbulent times with the fan-base and giving us the straight goods, makes an enormous difference (at least to me..)Thanks a lot, Phil, FSX is yet another great product in the FS franchise, and I've seen a few... and your personal participation on this forum is a great help !

Bert

>One more time, ditto.>>Whenever there is a new release there is bound to be a lot of>bellyache regarding first expectations, then first>impressions, problems, workarounds, tweaks, systems upgrades,>service updates etc. >>Having someone from the Aces team live through these turbulent>times with the fan-base and giving us the straight goods,>makes an enormous difference (at least to me..)>>Thanks a lot, Phil, FSX is yet another great product in the FS>franchise, and I've seen a few... and your personal>participation on this forum is a great help !Yep same here :-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

I just wanted to add something a little different. On behalf of all the FSX BETA test team, I would like to thank Phil and his organization for the support you folks gave us in getting the bugs out to ensure a quality product gets to the market. It was a distinct pleasure working with all of you.Keep 'em flying guys and gals. If you need us we'll be here.Frank BassFSX BETA Test Team

Guest Calb

Well said Frank,This was my first time as a member of the Beta test team and it was a real eye-opener into the twists and turns involved, not to mention all the hoops the ACES team have to jump thru in getting a product out the door. It was a distinct pleasure working with you and the whole group.Cal BoothFSX BETA Test Team

Guest Dave65

I appreciate it Phil,all you and your team do...Thanks

. . . have to throw my hat in here, too, guys/gals! My thanks go not only to Phil and the ACES team - but also to Billy Gates and the rest of the folks at Microsoft. Phil is the gutsy and patient doorway into the development side of area of this company, and it's not one which is normally as open and exposed as this one is. That Microsoft's senior management is obviously supporting him and the team in this fashion speaks volumes for the integrity of Microsoft. ... and yes - Tom A. and the Avsim folks deserve some measure of gratitude for this forum, too. It's been a life-saver for many, many simmers including yours truly and I appreciate it. I'd better stop now, before I get all weepy. . . . .:-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.