Sign in to follow this  
kparrish1

The FSX SP2/Acceleration incompatibilities thread

Guest cbuchner1

So far I found the T34-B Mentor aircraft from Carenado not to work right in SP2. The cockpit panel in the Virtual Cockpit is all gooey grey. Probably a victim of dropping some backwards compatibility.If anyone knows how to fix this beautiful payware for SP2, let me know.Any other incompatibilities found? Report them here.

If you're a Vista user then you might find that it is a result of the User Account Control. If your gooey grey VC is anything like this screenshot then it might be possible to fix it by running FSX as Administrator. This screenshot is of the CaptainSim 707 for FS9 which seems to have had limited access to the texture folder.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

>tester...Thanks for reply, I thought you are the first lucky guy who grabbed the box :)BTW good idea to make this thread sticky.

Guest cbuchner1

Acceleration contains the SP2 and I was also allowed as a Beta tester. Anyway - the "where did you get it - where can I buy it" questions are being answered in other threads already. Please just post about incompatible addons here - thank you.

Guest n99wb

"The shader replacement water in the thread below does not work."I thought it was just me. Thanks for the info

In aircraft carrier training mission, I have an aircraft carrier sitting in dirt/grass off the coast of Florida. I never fly to Florida so it may have already had land extending out into the ocean but I haven't figured out which add-on it is .

Its happening in Win XP as well. I loaded the Mentor after reading this thread..same issue. I get a rectangular aluminim foil like thingi stuck on the dash board!:)MAnny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest PlanePlanter

Seems that Ultimate Terrain X USA has issues as well..Puts land where there should be water!..Lake Erie is gone! and there is land in my carrier missions as well..

Guest Stoopy

Oops... I made another post before seeing this thread, sorry. Anyway, I'm noticing what I believe are differences in how certain Alpha transparencies are handled specifically with regard to some, but not all, imported FS9 aircraft that were fine with RTM and SP1. If anyone knows the fix I'd be ever so grateful...modifying the textures won't be a problem as long as I know what the change(s) should be.Here's my example....Junkers Ju-52, running in XP SP2 and ATI 7.10 Catalyst drivers. CAVU outside, IFR conditions inside due to the new handling of the transparencies on the VC windows:Alpha_Text_Question_00.jpgAlpha_Text_Question_01.jpg

Any aircraft made through the FS9 SDK tools are probably going to have transparency issues in the VC when used in Acceleration. Here's a quick fix for those who are so inclined until aircraft authors are able to (maybe) release updates.Keep in mind this is just for FS9 aircraft, or early FSX ones that have been ported from FS9, like Carenado releases etc.To do this you will require one of the following tools: Imagetool.exe from the FSX or FS9 sdks, or DXTbmp, the Nvidia DDS tool, or you can use photoshop if you have the nvidia texture plugin for it, available from the nvidia site.Look for the VC canopy reflection or glass textures for your particular aircraft. They're usually intelligently named. They may be in the aircraft's main texture folder, or in each of the variant folders. It changes from plane to plane.Make backups of the textures, then load the originals into your preferred tool. Change them from DXT1/3/5 or 8 bit format, whichever it is, to 32 bit and save. Depending on how the textures were authored you might lose the reflection definition in your VC glass (if the original textures didn't employ an alpha channel) but you'll be able to see where you're going. If you're comfortable with image editing in photoshop it's no trick to get the proper reflections back into them via the texture's alpha channel. You can do this with FSX running and test it if you have a 'reload aircraft' key assigned, but its best to restart FSX to test the change. Sometimes textures don't refresh without an FSX restart.Hope that helps someone. Good luck,

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations