Sign in to follow this  
kparrish1

The FSX SP2/Acceleration incompatibilities thread

The Digital Aviation Do-27 has the same transparency issue on the side and rear windows.Heiko

Guest cbuchner1

Is this the Do-27 X or the older Do-27 for FS9?

Guest jimjones

My install of Acceleration seems to have faired far worse than that of others. I have Vista, and b/4 installing Acceleration, DX10, FSX with SP1a.I installed as Administrator and never received a User Account Control dialog box to click ALLOW. Acceleration seemed to go normally to completion in about 10 min.The first thing I tried was to fly (as administrator) one of the default a/c. That went ok. Then I tried the DX10 trial switch to see the effects on water in the Goose. That went ok, and the water appeared more active reflecting on the floating Goose. White caps appeared and faded when viewed from above.Had some fun trying the mission races in Istanbul.Then I started looking at FS9 a/c. In addition to the VC windows being opaque the textures of the external features of some planes was pure white. The MAAM B-25 showed white externally and the pilots had disappeared. Since I have a fairly large number of fs9 imports over half of the planes I tried displayed these types of problems. I was under the impression that deactivating DX10 trial would take me back to pre-acceleration conditions, an erroneous assumption. Most of those FS9 planes showed anomolies such as ugly props, missing parts, and botched up models. John Kerr's "Pete" is a disasterous mess. Legs extend from the side of the plane and what looks like a wing is mounted in a vertical plane from the bottom. The engine cowl was missing.Some scenery does not show properly either, especially those using transparent features. Also a recently purchased KSDF that did work ok using DX10 trial, showed huge vertical and horizontal yellow flat planes when at certain areas in the scenry and viewing at certain angles. These appearances changed rapidly with changes in viewing angles.I have uninstalled Acceleration. Took about as long as to install. Those planes work ok now and the scenery anomolies are gone too.Anyone else see the white texture problem on the outside of fs9 planes or know of a solution?Not sure what to do with acceleration now. Maybe I'll use fs9 for those fs9 planes and strip fsx of those planes since acceleraion screws them up so badly. Not a happy camper.Jim Jones

>Seems that Ultimate Terrain X USA has issues as well..>Puts land where there should be water!..Lake Erie is gone! and>there is land in my carrier missions as well..>>I had to disable UTX... one of the aircraft carriers was on land out in the middle of the ocean, where there shouldnt' be land.Also, FSGenesis has issues in that when you start the chopper mission that takes you up the ski slope (can't remember the name of the mission), you start on the edge of a cliff created by FSG and you better go full throttle very fast or you'll fall to your death. It took me 5 or 6 times to get airborne so I could save the mission.EDIT: I just saw the post about the UTX Patch. I'll try that out.

I don't quite understand why people are complaining about aircraft designed in FS9 that are now not working in FSX SP2.Either they will be updated for FSX SP2 or they will have to remain in FS9.Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.....Glenn

Guest cbuchner1

Because it's a point release that's breaking the compatibility - not a major new version.Essentially you're losing a feature by installing a "Service Pack", and that's NOT good.

Guest jimjones

I can understand MS dropping backward compatibility going forward to FS11, but not giving us an addon that destroys compatibility in a version of FS, ie FSX. This was a concern when Phil announced no more backward compatibility for FS11. I never expected the impact to apply to this extent to Acceleration. The concern is that how many will alter their planes to be compatible, especially those who made some of the great freewares. I'll wager not many.

As far as FSX goes, give time for the aircraft designers to issue a fix for the SP2 update. If the original design followed the SDK then you should not have too bad a time getting it to work. If not, then I'm afraid it will have to stay in FS9 or FSX SP1. As for FS11, if a lack of backwards compatability is the price we have to pay to get a major engine / performance overhaul then I'm all for it. It's time to move on.......Glenn

Are the bad textures for the panels in FS9 aircraft only in the VC panel displays, or are they also bad in the 2D Panels?Thanks:RTH

Hi. Are you saying that after installing the Accelerator that it will no longer read DXT type BMP's? I looked at my T-34B textures and they are DXT3 for the plexi-T and plexi-VC files. I have not yet installed the Accelerator. If this is the problem why didn't Aces say so? Thanks, regards, Bob.

Hopefully some designers will issue fixes to update their products to FSX SP2. I also get the same opaque windows, bland VC, and solid white exteriors on many of my aircraft. This only occurs when DirectX 10 Preview is active. If I uncheck and restart the sim, all aircraft seem fine.Personally, I don't think developers should have to issue yet another fix to get their products to work in this sim....AGAIN. It's getting a little ridiculous. There is already a noticeable lack of add-ons that will work in FSX. I'm thankful to those who have issued updates. It's taken a lot of patience on my part to wait for things that seem so far down the pipe. Now we have another service pack that means extra work for existing stuff, not to mention things that might currently be in development.Maybe now that this service pack is out, we will start to see more and more scenery and aircraft released since all the framework is now in place. I can only hope. For now, I have to weigh it out: Do I want quality add-ons that only work in DirectX 9, or do I want to fly the simplistic, default aircraft in DirectX 10? I really don't see any positives with Acceleration right now, unless you like the new content. I bought Acceleration for DirectX 10, and it's a bust currently with add-ons. I'm uninstalling and going back to SP1 so I can use everything I have again. I've noticed no performance increase like I did in SP1, because I'm unable to use DirectX 10. I don't think Aces lied to us, but they aren't responsible for add-on compatibility of the aircraft I have purchased elsewhere. I understand that. But it is very frustrating. Thank goodness I'm only out $17. I advise people to wait for some update info if you like your add-on aircraft.And perhaps I am the only one - but I think the F-18 is terrible. Back to SP1 I go,Scott

Scott,SP2 also includes performance and bug fixes for DX9.ACES also expect most developers to stick with the DX9 path for SP2 hence the title 'DX10 Preview'Glenn