Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

What is the wheel on the left side of CH yoke assigned?

I have been using the CH yoke for a long time and never figured out what the wheel is for on left side.I guess it should be for trim but how do I assign it?I don't think I still have instructions that came with yoke.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Mine worked without any setup, but maybe in the axis tab under settings/controls where you setup the yoke and lever axis?Or if that doesn't work, look under the buttons tab and look for elevator trim up, set it and then elevator trim down and setup.By the way, I'm not sure what the tabs are actually called, going from my collander like memory.

Guest Phil75070

I believe what you are referring to is the "Mechanical trim wheel for precise adjustment of Y axis"

Thanks for the reply.I don't know how to assign it because there is no button to push.It just spins.Maybe it will work from default.I'll have to try it tonight.Ron

It should register the spin, I'm guessing the Axis? tab in FSX under settings/controls and look for Trim.

That's the one.So it is for setting trim?And is set up by default?Ron

Yep, you shouldn't have to do anything. It is the elevator trim wheel. Be careful though. Mine is pretty sensitive but it works.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

As best I know, FS does not know anything about this wheel... it is meant to mechanically trim the elevator axis on the Yoke. (Y axis)Just the same as if you were to move the yoke in or out a bit.

Bert

Guest RonB49

Just to expand a little on what Bert said, it is to center the null zone of the Y axis. This is according to something I read that came from CH Products. As mentioned above it, is too sensitive to use effectively for pitch trim. R-

Guest Obliq

Try going to:Control Panel > Game Controllers > Properties (CH Yoke) > Settings (TAB) > Calibrate > Follow the wizardCenter your YokeOn the 2nd screen you get "Display raw data", check it!Now you can see were your yoke middle stands. Do full circles and check input values, put it back to center and confirm if the value you get is half the maximum you got (elevator axis).If not, use that wheel to put it around "255"Finish the wizardYou're done.FS does not recognize it has another axis. Not the point of it.regardsPedro

As others have stated, it is strictly a mechanical control used to adjust the null zone on the elevator trim pot. For FS use, simply set it once while calibrating, then never touch it again.It is also meant to be used in games that do not have a "trim adjustment," none of which are currently sold. The CH Yoke has been around for a very long time... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yep. Also, if in slew mode your airplane is moving forwards or backwards and you're not manipulating the elevator axis adjust the wheel until the plane stops. I guess that's kind of obvious but I've run into that problem before.

Thanks for all the replies.My question has been answered and I calibrated last night.Works fine.Ron