Sign in to follow this  
sipos

Got It FSX Acceleration

Guest machammer

Just got it at Best Buy in Mount Laurel NJ. Thanks to an excellent sales rep who went in the back to see if their shipment arrived. He went the extra mile.BTW went to Circuit City first. They didn't know when they would get it. She did check availability at other locations but they were out of stock.I haven't installed it yet. I will let you know my thoughts after install.Bill

Guest SuperFortress

My biggest question is whether or not SP2 resolves or at least improves the blurries issue.

Yep they had to go in back to get it at my Best Buy as well. I'll report on blurries in a bit.

I do find it kind of funny that on the back of the box it lists the MEMORY requirement as being "4GB plus space required for FSX", which should be listed as Hard Drive rather than Memory.

Lol. For my FSX installation it should read number of hard drives required: 2-3 Lol.Thanks for checking on the blurries. I wonder if there is a bit of an FPS increase as well?

If you show the Circuit City ad to the check stand at Best Buy they should match that price. I've done it plenty of times. Just making sure people know that.

I don't have a Cicuit City by me.My BB said they were supposed to get 14 today but the shipment comes in any time from 11am to 3pm central time...argh...gotta work at 2 :(ahah yeah, though it's hard as a controller to do that...my sup was working with me last night, and knew I sounded fine lol!anyway, called BB again, and said I had to wait until 2pm till the truck was unloaded :( *cries*duluth, MN BB

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I never read anything about any fixes for blurries in SP2.Where did you hear there would be?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>I never read anything about any fixes for blurries in SP2.>>Where did you hear there would be?>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150>gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb>5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster PraetorianFromhttp://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...on-and-sp2.aspx"Optimization of terrain IO for photo-scenery and

I saw that back then.Unfortunately, the blog doesn't say anything about blurries close the aircraft.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I went to two Best Buy's. One said the truck hasn't came yet and the other said they have it in but it's no where to be found? That made me a little angry!!!! I then went to circuit city and asked the computer game person and they said - "no we don't have it yet, should be in tomorrow, the truck hasn't arrived yet". Went to the customer service desk and asked them and they said - "ya hold on, let me get it for you!". And I got it! don't give up and just keep bugging them and they will give it to you. Oh, and I noticed something on the back of acceleration. It says under memory requirements: "4 GB space required for FSX", That