Sign in to follow this  
dokelly07

F-18 Acceleration and FPS Hit ?

Read another forum post that the F18 really drops frame rate?Please say it isn't so, the default MS aircraft all have great framerates I hoped the F18 would be the same?

In my experience so far the F-18 has less of an fps hit than any other fighter I have, and I have a lot of them. Even less hit than some of my alphasim planes, and they're generally great on fps. :) The external model is also pretty easy on fps in multiplayer, haven't seen a drop yet. My only issues are with the gear height (already discussed) and the rather silly looking (imo) afterburner effect. I'll be replacing that with something much more realistic shortly. Other than that it's a fantastic plane. :)

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest JIMJAM

Ive deleted Acceleration because of a host of issues but I did get to fly the f18.I thought it flew very well and considering anything with a HUD usually brings it to its knees, I was impressed.I did not get to do any carrier landings but that is usually really tough on fps.

Nope its not... After your thread this is what I did.I loaded my freeware F-18 and I got 8.5FPSThen I loaded the DEFAULT Baron and I got 13FPSThen I loaded the Acceleration F-18 and I got 13FPSManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Read another forum post that the F18 really drops frame>rate?>>Please say it isn't so, the default MS aircraft all have great>framerates I hoped the F18 would be the same?The F-18 has no negative impact on framerates what so ever on my end.

same here...no fps change at all - I remain locked at my desired rate the entire time....this is my experience in and around houston texas in the sim. The P-51 is the same, no hit.danon -