Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

Loading Community Folder Without Restarting Sim ?

Hello all

Are there any comtemporary methods for reloading the Community Folder from within the sim ? I've found some posts from a couple of years ago, but things have obviously moved on since then

I'm tweaking a flight_model.cfg file and it's a bit of a pain having to restart the sim after each change.

Regards

Only thing I could find was this post;

Adding or deleting something from the Content Manager forces a rescan of the community folder in-sim. That tells me Asobo could add a button to do this outside the Content Manager (the code already exists).
I would think it would be better to add the button to the DevMode. Call it “Reload Community”.

So maybe that could shave off a bit of time, by simply removing / adding something via the content manager to get it to reload, thus reading your changes?

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I'd think it would be public knowledge if there was a way to do this by now, the ability to drop a new airport in and load from within the sim would've been a neat feature but that simply does not exist AFAIK.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I thought there was a way to refresh config files that are being edited outside the sim while the sim was loaded from the dev mode menu, but I can't check at the moment.
I believe this was specifically requested of Asobo by devs just for this reason, otherwise, like you say, it is a PITA. 

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 hours ago, Sethos said:

So maybe that could shave off a bit of time, by simply removing / adding something via the content manager to get it to reload, thus reading your changes?

Nop. Unfortunately, I just tested and it doesn't force to browse and reload the Community folder

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

4 hours ago, vbazillio said:

Nop. Unfortunately, I just tested and it doesn't force to browse and reload the Community folder

I hadn't got around to trying this yet, so thanks for having a go.

Seems like we're slogging a bit of a dead horse here, then..!

Regards