Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Weather chasers flock to near San Diego

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

Preferred Airbus simulation platform: P3dv5 + FSLabs Airbus family

I also use MSFS 2020...

I hope everyone in the path of this storm here is doing well.  Living where I live I’ve been through a few hurricanes and many tropical storms and neither are any fun…and that’s in a non-desert setting that is pretty well equipped the deal with heavy rain.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

19 hours ago, scott967 said:

Used to live in Oxnard.  The area is like a saucer, so with heavy rain everything floods.  The Santa Clara River is a major waterway, but around Oxnard many homeless live in the waterway (it's pretty much channelized) so they better have gotten out of there.  I see that Wings Over Camarillo got canxed.scott s.

San Diego Fire and Swiftwater Rescue had to pull 13-people out of the fast rising / fast moving San Diego River Sunday afternoon.  It was a homeless camp that is normally a few feet above the trickle of water that passes for a river in August.  No injuries but they all lost everything.

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

The flooding and landslides from this are horrific.   I watched an interstate highway and it's concrete barriers transform into a river,  with thousands of sleeping truck drivers stuck in a traffic jam.   And a river of mud slowly pushing a field of boulders down a ravine into a valley below.     I've been studying geology since the pandemic,   and it's pretty wild to see nature reshape the earth in real-time.  The average person just doesn't understand how powerful the forces of water can be.  

All the water in such a short time causes dangerous spikes in the hydrologic pressures of ground soil.