Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Acceleration Vent Thread

Guest JIMJAM

Sweet talk BestBuy employee to go in the back and get the game from receiving. 30 minutes #$**:-mad 30 minutes to load the addon wondering the whole time if I should have started from scratch. **#%:-mad Click icon and get a big nasty CTD **$^&* :-grr 2 hours foolong with the .cfg and xml file and having the forums lock up and move slow as h***:-fume Starting to realize I may have to delete FSX and hundreds of $$$ of addons and start from scratch.:-hang As a last ditch leap of faith I deleted the FSX.CFG and let it rebuild itself.FSX LOADS:-) I need to run Flight Enviroment,UTX, Xgraphics and others but all seems well.:) F18 looks great,P-51, aaahh decent.Oh cra*.... Alot of my planes are screwed up missing textures and guages.:-bang Ok Im done.DO NOT load this addon unless you are willing to accept the fact that you MAY need to delete everything and start from scratch. You may need to reload all your addons. At best I need to reload somethings and eventually figure out what go messsed up or doesnt work at all.For those who get a clean,stress free install, :-beerchug For those who dont......:-lol Accelerate your Headache!

Guest JIMJAM

Tried to change planes on the runway and got a hard lock up.Reboot and its back to the CTD when I click the icon.Its hour 5 and Im walking away from this one until tommorow.

Guest JIMJAM

I still have FS9 loaded and with over $500+ in addons and looking every bit as good as FSX, It will stay there.Im not going to panic "yet".After a year I finally got FSX where I wanted it and will not hesistate to delete Acceleration.

For me, I noticed UTX and AFX are having problems. AFX says they are already working on a fix.I have UTX disabled in my scenery library for now until there is a fix or if I find out I need to re-install it. I haven't noticed any problems with my other add-ons. I have ASX running with no problems that I can see, Level D 767 running with no problems that I can see, all my AI aircraft and other freeware aircraft are all okay from what I can tell. As for FPS, I can see a slight improvement in non-full screen mode. I don't notice any difference in full-screen mode but I am just beginning to expiriment.As for your problem of having to wait at Best Buy for someone to find it, I solved this problem by ordering at bestbuy.com and choosing to pick it up at the store. When I arrived, I went straight to the customer service desk and they had it for me in about three minutes. Incidently, they have a policy that if they don't have it to you within one minute of arriving to pick it up, you get $10 off. Since it took them three minutes, I only had to pay $19.99. :)So far, I am pleased. I will be even more so once I can get UTX working again.Specs:ASUS P5N32-E SLI motherboard nVidia 680iIntel E6700 Core 2 Duo OC to 3.2 Ghz2GB RAM DDR2 CorsairXFX nVidia 8800GTX video card (No OC)WD Raptor 150 GB x2 (300GB) RAID 0

I hope others post success stories soon, last thing I want is a messed up FSX install, I finally got it running smoothly.

Guest JIMJAM

Well if anyone wants a copy,RAN ONCE, let me know.:D I deleted it through its install program.I understand there are bumps in the road like the first patch but DONT MESS WITH MY STUFF!When I started seeing $30 and $40 planes I bought missing things that was it.So far after 2 flights all seems as it was before but I suspect I will come across something wrong.Flight sims make you paranoid. And drink alot.

Check the UT support forum a patch was issued for UTX USA, for Canada you just have to run the UT options program after Acc is installed.Whats the issue with UTX?

Wow, that was fast. :) I will look for the UTX update.The problems I was having with UTX were all the roads they installed were missing, the water bodies were not showing up correctly and in some cases large slabs of land were showing up in the oceans. I will try installing the update and see how things go. Thanks!

Installed the UTX update and all is well. Everything seems good, no problems with any of my other addon's (except AFX, which should be fixed tomorrow). I love the shadows in acceleration, they look much more realistic. The shadows in VC are cool, too. AI airplanes are white now when at a distance which looks much better than black. FPS increases are very slight (at least for me). The add-on planes are cool.In summary for what I needed to do for my add-ons once Acceleration was installed:AFX - Waiting for patch. In the mean time, make sure you remove the .dll listing from dll.xml (explained in other thread).UTX - Download and install update from: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=23111ASX - No problems that I have experienced.X Graphics - Re-install the custom textures (just as you would install a theme...No biggie)Level D 767 (the only payware A/C I have installed on FSX right now) - No problems that I have seen.All my AI planes are fine, All my downloaded freeware planes are fine. I haven't seen any problems with any freeware add-on scenery (including mine).I did have to re-authorize all the add-on .dll's which is no big deal, it just prompts you when you first run it.

>Well if anyone wants a copy,RAN ONCE, let me know.:D >I deleted it through its install program.>I understand there are bumps in the road like the first patch>but DONT MESS WITH MY STUFF!>When I started seeing $30 and $40 planes I bought missing>things that was it.>So far after 2 flights all seems as it was before but I>suspect I will come across something wrong.>Flight sims make you paranoid. And drink alot.Those $30 and $40 planes not working are because of errors in the aircraft... honestly. There are modelling features from FS9 that FSX can not and will not support.Since a great deal of developers were involved in the beta process for FSX/Acceleration... they should already know if their FSX aircraft are not Acceleration compatible.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well my rant is an activation error. I have an unusual system in that I dual boot XP and Vista on seperate partitions. FSX is installed on a *common* drive and was activated under both XP and Vista with no problem. With other addons I've been able to install them under XP and with a slight modification in some cases, they all worked fine under Vista.I installed Acceleration under XP and actiovated same with no problem. However, when I booted to Vista and tried to reinstall Acceleration to update registry, etc - it said it couldn't install unless FSX was activated! (It HAD been activated under Vista prior to Acceleration). So I start FSX and immediately get the 8-c0000006 activation error.Called MS tech support and spent 3.5 hours trying all sorts of stuff that didn't work. Last suggestion was to completely uninstall FSX and Acceleration and install them to two different locations, one for each OS.I am not a happy camper right now and am hoping for a more elegant solution. It worked fine BEFORE Acceleration so I'm pretty sure where to place the blame.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I had problems sharing FSX between XP and Vista as well.So I dont use XP for FSX as I want to be ready for DX10's bells.Is there a solution? Does double install work? Will FSX and Acc get acticvated on each partition?I am running out of HD space is allallen

>I had problems sharing FSX between XP and Vista as well.>>So I dont use XP for FSX as I want to be ready for DX10's>bells.>>Is there a solution? Does double install work? Will FSX and>Acc get acticvated on each partition?>>I am running out of HD space is allWell a double install to me ranks second only to a full reformat reinstall in the "things I don't want to do" department. I'm sure it's a registry issue, just have to find out where to correct.This AM, I uninstalled Accel and booted to Vista - running FSX was able to get activation wizard which is better than the 8-c0000006 error! I'm hoping the order of install in a dual boot might be important. Won't get to find out until I get home tonight tho.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest boxel27

I have Ultimate Traffic installed when i enable directX 10 preview, all my AI planes are pure white. (no paint) this is after i installed the patch that was avalible. Anyone know a fix for this?