Sign in to follow this  
Guest PlanePlanter

Acceleration Activation Error

Guest PlanePlanter

When I load FSX I get an error that there has been an activation error #8-c0000006FSX then loads normally and the Acceleration missions and aircraft are there. So what happens now? Anyway to activate by phone?Also Ultimate Terrain X USA doesn't like Acceleration..It puts land where water should be....Help....

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

I just installed and got the same error and the same behavior... Strange....Haven't gotten far enough yet to see if that will cause flights to stop after 30 minutes or not...

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

And YUP, it times out after 30 minutes. ARGH!!!!Gotta get this fixed ASAFP. I have a FS race in 2 weeks!Guess I'll try re-installing everything this weekend and see if that fixes it.

Did you guys with activation errors, install FSX more than once in the past?I'm wondering if Acc will only activate on a single install of FSX ?

Guest PlanePlanter

Thanks Jim!That did the trick for the missing water...I looked around the Flight1 site today and couldn't find this!?...Probably didn't look in the correct forum...Now if I can just get this activated..

Guest PlanePlanter

I don't remember having to activate more than once but it could be possible..I'am sure we're not the only ones if so though..

Guest PlanePlanter

I see that other people on other forums are also getting activation errors...Something I forgot to mention is that a screen never came up to enter the activation code number after the install...Arrrgh..

For you guys who are having activations problems, I would call Microsoft support. Quite a few months ago FSX suddenly went out of activation for no apparent reason. When I tried to re-install I kept getting and error message about halfway through the install, and it would quit. It turned out that this was a well-known problem for which there was a software fix, and it was downloaded to my machine while I was talking to the tech-support guy. He was very patient and stayed on the phone with me while he talked me through the fix. He then told me confidently that my re-install should work fine, and it did! He even called me back after a few hours to make sure everything was working O.K. I'm not suggesting you guys are having this exact problem, but I bet there's help available at Microsoft to fix it. Heck, give it a try; what have you got to lose but a few minutes for a phone call?Good luck on your probem!Tom MurphyKSLE

>For you guys who are having activations problems, I would>call Microsoft support. No joy. Spent 3 1/2 hours and still no activation under Vista. I dual boot and the XP activation was fine.To be fair, my install has FSX on a dedicated drive and Xp and Vista both point to the same drive. However, after I installed & activated under xp, the FSX link in Vista came up with the mentioned activation error.:(VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

So it sounds like if you had FSX activated on one setup say in Vista, then activated another on XP even on the same machine, the original activation under Vista will not work with Acceleration?

I got these errors before January twice. Once using the 920080 fix did the trick-the second time the only thing that worked was a reformat of my drive, and reistallation of Vista. I haven't had a problem since then-and my perception is one of the Vista updates may have taken care of/helped this. I found though-if you get this error-go to multiplayer and there is no heading there-nothing will help except a complete reinstall-at best of fsx and and worst of your entire operating system.I share your pain-it is no fun.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

I'd forgotten about the MSKB reset tool - I'll give that a try too.Made some progress this am before going to work tho, UNinstalled Acceleration under XP and then booted to Vista - start FSX and got the activation screen! Wouldn't activate (too many times message) so I'll have to do it by phone when I get home. Then I'll reinstall Acceleration under Vista *first* this time and then try the XP (which is already activated) and see if it picks up the Accel install.Fingers crossed.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hello:I ran into problems installing Acceleration yesterday. :-8 I had changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM 2 months ago, leaving all other hardware and software intact, and had done a refresh install of Windows XP Pro at the time of the rebuild, and then again in the last month because it failed to present the Windows login dialog box one day.My FSX Deluxe (a legal, purchased, properly installed copy I installed on the day it was released last Fall, with all pertinent updates through SP1) started doing the "I'm not activated... you can't run me longer than 20 minutes" DO-** within 2 months or so after SP1 was installed this last Spring 2007. :-halo I have gone through this type of non-sense with Microsoft's dysfunctional self-breaking security code on legally purchased software in multiple other application scenarios over many years on many systems, and just did not have the interest in wasting more time with doing that tech support roulette routine again with FSX (especially after reading in the forums about the hades others have gone through with FSX installation and activation!)So I downloaded and installed 3 modified DLL files which shall remain nameless into the FSX root folder and resumed running my single copy of FSX that I purchased without any further complaints about activation, nor any more 20 minute time outs; I reserve the right to run my legally purchased software without interruption by malfunctions of any origin. :-bigangelHaving bought Acceleration yesterday ($29.95 at Best Buy on Rt.59 in Aurora, IL after a 62 mile round trip drive in stressful traffic, and $1.60 in tolls!), I prepared to install it by backing up all FSX CFG, XML, SPB files etc. in all pertinent locations, leaving the FSX RTM and updated SP1 and SDK files in place. When I went to install my legal, purchased copy of Acceleration, it complained that FSX was not activated, and canceled its setup.I then restored the 3 original FSX-SP1 DLL files that I had temporarily substituted out as described above, and re-started FSX hoping it would offer the option to activate... but that option was not offered.Apparently after the MS security code goes dysfunctional, the option to activate FSX apparently will not be offered, and instead a message box merely indicates that you must activate, reinstall, or contact technical support.I contacted MS technical support after checking out the options in the existing MSKB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927007 and verifying all settings addressed in the above MSKB article were already intact (including the registry string at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCURRENTCONTROLSETCONTROLCLASS{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} having "Upperfilters" set to "PartMgr").After the tech rep again walked through the above MSKB article parameters to verify that they were completed, he attempted (as I have come to expect from most tech support reps!) to suggest that FSX needed to be re-installed, and if that didn't work, that Windows might have to be re-installed to get certain "registry" information properly configured. *:-* I made it clear that as NOT an option I would exercise in the foreseeable future and that frankly I didn't believe it was necessary or appropriate to solving the problem (but then again I usually end up having to educate tech reps on certain facts and near-certain probabilities based on a number of significantly associated conditions that they didn't ask me about as they were taking the history of the problem). :-violin The support rep then saw the wisdom of consulting a supervisor, and then suggested that we create a new user profile in Windows XP Pro (which is the sole single-boot base for my FS system installation), indicating that it was possible that I might be able to get FSX activated, thereby fixing the mysterious Windows registry section that was not configured properly, and then finish installing Acceleration. :-roll He suggested it was possible that since the new profile was set up with Administrator privileges, upon logging back into the original Administrator profile, FSX and Acceleration should work; IT DID WORK! :-lolSo to summarize how I fixed this particular scenario:1.) Worked through http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927007 (my system was already properly configured according to that MSKB)1.) Created a new User Profile with Administrator privileges2.) Started FSX... got the prompt to Activate3.) Activated FSX successfully4.) Ran FSX on a saved flight, exited FSX.5.) Installed Acceleration6.) Activated Acceleration SuccessfullyI then logged out of the new user profile, and logged into my usual Administrator user profile, and FSX with Acceleration worked fine with no further Activation nags or 20 minute timeouts. :-hah I hope this helps others, and saves them from unnecessary delays, work and stress because a tech rep does not check out options beyond his existing level of knowledge! :-) GaryGB