Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Fenix Update Released

I am always impressed that Aamir takes the time to read and answer these threads. I for one am enjoying Fifi’s time at finishing school. I am confident that when she appears in her new pumps and choker- she’ll be lovely. Bring on that flap 3 FM fix and I can wait patiently.

• Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

On 8/23/2023 at 8:18 PM, espent said:

He clearly believes in quantity before quality. 

He was talking about the quality of the flare. What would be the quantity-part you are mentionning?

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

I flew the update into KSAN earlier and it went very well.  My landing was excellent.  I still love this plane very much and can't wait for the IAE and 319/321.  😃

• Like 3

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

He should  learn how to land an A 320. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 ,   PMDG 737-600-800 , Fenix A320, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC6  Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  ,  Newsky ,  CLX PC ,  Kodiak

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

He should  learn how to land an A 320. 

i thought the same, maybe it is the height difference between the A320 vs A330 cockpits. 

Edited by bigifooti

3 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Yes Blackbox has said it needs improvement but Blackbox does not seem to float his landings…

Maybe Bob should teach him too

Posted (edited)

V1-Simulations posted a comment on his YT video (now pinned at top) re: updated thoughts on landing/flare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcbMkwDibTI

Updated thoughts on FLARE

After several extensive tests (excess of 10 landings) and jumping back and forth between sims I have now come to my conclusion.

I think its pretty dam*n good.

But why then does it sometimes end up feeling "off" in msfs? I think I know the answer. The problem herein lies with the vast majority of glideslopes being misalgined and papis being incredibly stupid to follow in msfs. These anomalies cause the pilot to react, thus "destabilizing" the aircraft. More often than not this leads to a nose low or low pitch across the numbers, throwing the flare feeling "off" but not necessarily wrong. If you are destabilized at 50' (which should theoretically be across the threshold) your entire landing profile is going to be non standard. This leads to the two most common new airbus pilot types of landing.

-nose low, flare law activates, pilot goes oh word not allowed and and flares too abruptly causing either a balloon/float or driving the mains into the ground (ouch)
-nose high, flare activates, which triggers pilot to commence flare at higher AoA than optimal thus total AoA is above "standard" causing more drag and a rapid IAS speed bleed off, sometimes bleeding well below Vapp into Vls.

Side note about landing in Vls, in the real airbus 90% if you are in Vls and start the flare, it aint gonna work out for you lol you just lack the energy to arrest the descent rate adequately so most of the time they will be firm. You also run the risk of getting into an unemployment attitdue (11.7 degrees Tailstrike)

Unfortunately the visual approach guidance systems we have in MSFS do not work correctly all the time, in fact I think most of the time they are slightly off.

I also prefer removing the reactivity. With the latest update I dont suffer from that nose up the previous version had. I might bring it in just a bit but so far the linear feels about as good as it gets in normal conditions

Just noticed he has a "Not an A330 -->" caption in the video 🤣

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system (Dell XPS 8960): i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Posted (edited)

Nothing personale or any harm by meens to the developer -  only suggestion -  Can we have a "Shade" guide to this bird because i have a really hard time finding something not so god "d" bluish in the cockpit 🙂

All the video of the Fenix i see it does seems to be toned down .

Thanks  Michael Moe 🙂

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png