Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

Acceleration & DX10 Preview so far, not so good here.

Just finished installing Acceleration rebooted and started FSX. FSX works fine in DX9. Enabling the DX10 preview causes a 20% performance decrease and I cannot seem to get ASF or AA to work at all (enabled in game, disabled in game, enabled on video card, disabled on video card)........nothing but a shimmering world. Disable DX10 preview and use my previous settings and all is well. If anyone has any ideas, on how to solve this one I'm all ears.

Didnt notice a performance decrease here, but I cant get AA to work, either. No other complaints so far. I'm running an 8800GTS 640mb, NVIDIA 163.69.-Cory

-Cory Crabtree

The only place I notice jaggies is the cockpit shadowing, it looks terrible but I haven't really messed with the settings to correct it yet.

Guest firehawk44

Nice system! I found one thing to reduce or stop shimmering in FSX was to set 'Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias' in your video card display settings to 'Clamp'. Secondly, I suggest you rename your FSX.cfg to FSX.old, and restart the sim and let the config rebuild. I recall reading somewhere where this worked for someone else who had just installed SP2/Acceleration. It makes sense to me to start off a new product like Acceleration with default settings then slowly begin your tweaking.Best regards,Jim

>Nice system! I found one thing to reduce or stop shimmering>in FSX was to set 'Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias' in>your video card display settings to 'Clamp'. Secondly, I>suggest you rename your FSX.cfg to FSX.old, and restart the>sim and let the config rebuild. I recall reading somewhere>where this worked for someone else who had just installed>SP2/Acceleration. It makes sense to me to start off a new>product like Acceleration with default settings then slowly>begin your tweaking.>>Best regards,>JimLOD Bias Clamp already enabled. I've already rebuilt the config file and it has no effect.

Maybe the beta testers can help? Since the NDA was lifted none have reported these types of problems. What video cards and drivers are they using?Bob..

Guest Pilot533

Direct x 10 preview.... Whatever happened to the direct x 10 makeover...

I have the same problem too. My frame rate went from 24 sitting at KSEA down to 3 after installing Acceleration and enabling DX10. I have a 8600GT OC 163.69 drivers. The jagged cockpit shadows look horrible.I also didn't have any water West of KSEA! I have Active Sky X Graphics installed, maybe that is causing problems? I need more time to play with things but this is definitely _not_ what I would have expected.Don

>Just finished installing Acceleration rebooted and started>FSX. FSX works fine in DX9. Enabling the DX10 preview causes>a 20% performance decrease and I cannot seem to get ASF>or AA to work at all (enabled in game, disabled in game,>enabled on video card, disabled on video card)........nothing>but a shimmering world. Disable DX10 preview and use my>previous settings and all is well. If anyone has any ideas,>on how to solve this one I'm all ears.this is EXACTLY the same problem I'm having... would love to find out what's causing this :(

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Same problem here also.On the plus side, playing DX9 works though. Blurries are nonexistent now for me. I can literally fly 600 MPH...slow down and by the time the natural blur of going that fast calms down the textures are crisp. Pretty nice.It has to be the latest drivers problem. Hopefully a beta tester will ring in and let us know what they used. Guru3d.com will have all the old drivers, just gotta know which one.

I'm running Vista Ultimate 32. Can someone show me where to enable the DX10 preview? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the game setting or anywhere else. Thnx