Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dave_YVR

Weird happenings - PSXT

Recommended Posts

 While preparing for a flight, I've seen this happen a few times now. The traffic is running smooth, and then all of a sudden disappears. RT still shows running but PSXT then says it's restarting and once it does, no traffic comes back. Checking the log I get dozens of shown below. 

===> Unencrypted airline UPS in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline UPS in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline UPS in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline UPS in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline CAI in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline EWG in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline EWG in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline EWG in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline EWG in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline EWG in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline EWG in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline EWG in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline EWG in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline MSC in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline RYR in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline RYR in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline RYR in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline RYR in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline RYR in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline BBD in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline CXI in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline CAI in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline CXI in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline CXI in decrypt airl?
===> Unencrypted airline EWG in decrypt airl?

 Looking into my PSXTraffic\airports\updated folder for the airport it was working on, the airport file is now different than the one I had been using and now showing "encrypted" value="true". I then close PSXT, copy in my backup airport file and start PSXT again and the traffic is back.

 Is there a way to stop PSXT from copying over my custom airport files? I have put a lot of time into customizing many airport files and I thought that was part of the point in using the updated airports folder.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

===> Unencrypted airline UPS in decrypt airl?

Then it thinks it is reading an encrypted airport file (indicated by the parameter encrypted) but, apparently there is a consistency issue.

9 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

 Is there a way to stop PSXT from copying over my custom airport files? I have put a lot of time into customizing many airport files and I thought that was part of the point in using the updated airports folder.

PSXTraffic does not copy over your airport folder... unless by design

FYI: It is designed to work like this:

Only the airport files in the archive are encrypted. Your files in airports\updated are not. 

When PSXTraffic needs a file it reads from archive or from updated. If it reads from archive it will unencrypt, so internally it always works unencrypted. Archive files are never written back.

If you have checked Learn, new additions will have been added internally and when you leave the airport or exit, the file is written to updated (unencrypted). If that file already was present in updated it will be overwritten, but it stays unencrypted. If it was not present it will be the first version of a learned file.

If you have copied a file from PSXT, there is no encrypted parameter, but that is no problem, because no parameter means unencrypted. As soon as the first new additins have been made the encrypted parameter will be added with value = false.

This way you should never have gotyon the problems you had, but apparently there is a glitch possible

Could you, with this in mind, test again (start with a fresh file from PSXT_MSFS in updated) and see when the encrypted parameter in your file comes up?

Thx.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if it's related, but I located at KCLE, an addon airport that PSXTraffic showed was from my updated folder and I had many parked aircraft. I had learning turned on. During my next sim session I located again at KCLE and had no parked aircraft. As a test I copied KCLE from PSXT updated back into the updated folder in PSXTraffic, opened PSXTraffic and turned learning off, launched MSFS and located at KCLE (updated) and the parked aircraft were back again. I closed PSXTraffic and the sim, then started them up again and located a KCLE and all the parked aircraft were present. It appears that learning destroys any pre-existing parked from updated airports.


Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, somiller said:

 and turned learning off, launched MSFS and located at KCLE (updated) and the parked aircraft were back again.

If you turn Learning off, and start PSXTraffic again when at the airport (or without starting PSXTraffic and going to the airport) it will not take the airport file from the archive, not the one from updated...

 

57 minutes ago, somiller said:

It appears that learning destroys any pre-existing parked from updated airports.

I'm sorry but  I don't think that's correct, PSXTraffic does not destroy your updated airport, it only adds. 

Please give a Log.txt, in there we can see exactly what airport file was loaded.

 

Edited by kiek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at work for the day, but I'll post a log when it happens again.

 Yesterday while workng on the new EDDK add-on airport file in my updated folder I would start PSXT to make sure the file was working correctly but 3 times in the course of a couple hours psxt would as mentioned indicate an update then lose connection and soft restart itself. Once restarted there was no longer any traffic being injected.  I would then open the airport file and it was no longer the same file inside. Parking assignments were all in a different format and the encrypted = true flag was turned on. Luckily I keep a solid backup routine. I have seen this happen at quite a few airports only just recently.

 Again, I'll post a log later this afternoon/evening as I'm certain it will happen again.


i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kiek said:

If you have checked Learn, new additions will have been added internally and when you leave the airport or exit, the file is written to updated (unencrypted). If that file already was present in updated it will be overwritten

Does this mean PSXT_Traffic will read my changes to my airport.xml file (e.g. parking longitude, latitude, radius etc.) that I place in 'updated' directory and aircraft (static and real) will use those parking spots? 

But if I accidently hit 'Learn' for that airport, those changes I made to the airport are gone?  If so, is there a way so as this does not happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These changes are not gone. The file stays in updated. If you keep Learn checked, everything is used, in next runs.

You can check that yourself by looking in the file.

The files in updated  are yours,  they will not be overwritten or removed with new versions of PSXTraffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kiek said:

If you turn Learning off, and start PSXTraffic again when at the airport (or without starting PSXTraffic and going to the airport) it will not take the airport file from the archive, not the one from updated...

 

I'm sorry but  I don't think that's correct, PSXTraffic does not destroy your updated airport, it only adds. 

Please give a Log.txt, in there we can see exactly what airport file was loaded.

 

At this point it appears I am unable to validate my earlier findings. As far as I can tell the only thing that's changed since then is that I was using Ver. 2.1.X or 2.2.X and now I'm using 2.4.0.

I don't understand this: "it will not take the airport file from the archive, not the one from updated" Did you mean if learning is turned off it will use the file from archive and not the one from updated?


Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ all

I found the "glitch". If you have a file in updated, you start with Learn off, PSXTRaffic loads the airport file from ther archive, then if youcheck Learn PSXTraffic will start leearning with the file from the archive and when you exit it will overwrite your file in updated ...   oops, and sorry for the confusion

In the next version I will make it again (as in PSXT) that it will alwyas look in updated for an airport file first, independent from  the Learn check box value. Then all is save, you only have to be aware that for the files in updated, you do not benefit from new versions of the same airports in the archive.

Edited by kiek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Here's an example. I'm starting with an fresh EGLL file that I have had working great for sometime copied into my PSXTraffic\airports\updated. Learn is checked as it always is, but nothing is being learned in the near 8 minutes of morning traffic which I found odd. So to force a change to the airport file, I select the different parking percentage and then close PSXT.
 Next just looking at the file size from the one I had copied into my PSXTraffic\airports\updated was 463kb is now 333kb and upon opening the newly saved file I see  that it has changed from an unencrypted to encrypted file and if I relaunch PSXT, no static traffic gets injected. I have sent you an email containing the LOG as well as the before and after EGLL file.

 

 


i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

 Here's an example. I'm starting with an fresh EGLL file that I have had working great for sometime copied into my PSXTraffic\airports\updated. Learn is checked as it always is, but nothing is being learned in the near 8 minutes of morning traffic which I found odd. So to force a change to the airport file, I select the different parking percentage and then close PSXT.
 Next just looking at the file size from the one I had copied into my PSXTraffic\airports\updated was 463kb is now 333kb and upon opening the newly saved file I see  that it has changed from an unencrypted to encrypted file and if I relaunch PSXT, no static traffic gets injected. I have sent you an email containing the LOG as well as the before and after EGLL file.

Thanks for the additional info. I found another bug. After every twenty minutes PSXTraffic writes the file to updated. Unfortunately it did that with encrypted is true.

 

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In V2.5.0 (just released) I have fixed these problems (hopefully 😉 ).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, I'll try it out later this afternoon. Thank you!


i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Awesome, I'll try it out later this afternoon. Thank you!

I have not yet checked the contents of the saved file, because of other priorities, so i am not sure that has been fixed too. But I"ll here from you. If there are still problems I will fix that in the "bezier" release 😉

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2023 at 6:50 AM, kiek said:

@ all

I found the "glitch". If you have a file in updated, you start with Learn off, PSXTRaffic loads the airport file from ther archive, then if youcheck Learn PSXTraffic will start leearning with the file from the archive and when you exit it will overwrite your file in updated ...   oops, and sorry for the confusion

In the next version I will make it again (as in PSXT) that it will alwyas look in updated for an airport file first, independent from  the Learn check box value. Then all is save, you only have to be aware that for the files in updated, you do not benefit from new versions of the same airports in the archive.

Nico,

Whew, you brought me back from the edge...I thought maybe I had lost my mind. Fortunately I have a backup of all my updated airports from PSXT so it's a simple copy and overwrite in PSXTraffic updated and I'm back in business.

Sorry to keep making so much work for you!!

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...