Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

Acceleration...so far, for me, a win

Glad to hear a positive report.If you get the chance could you report on fps impact when water is set to mid or high 2.x under DX10 ?Also, how did you install, just right over FSX SP1 and UTX?Thanks!

Like BT stated - all is fine. The aircraft, scenery and missions are fantastic! Job well done!! Keep up the great work.My system specs - P4 3.2mhz Hyper Threading2Gig ramATI Radeon X1950 PRO 512 mb ramWin XP Cloud9 Xlcass United StatesRegards,Bob

Hi Jackcnd...No Joy on DX10. Still on XP. I have my Vista Ultimate sitting in my desk drawer, waiting for at least SP1 before I installAs for installation? I followed the advise on the UT forum. Installed Acceleration. Downloaded and applied their patch for UTX USA (small...100Kbytes or so), started up UT's configuration program, exited, then fired up FSX.Cheers,bt

I concur. No problems here either. Man the F18 is sweet! Really nice looking, and has a good feel to it. Just doing a flight with it and Socal megascenery and it was smooth as I've ever seen it. So far so good anyway. I also seem to have lost some of the micro stutters as well..

Guest AC777_LR

>Q6600>Nvidia 8800 GTX>XP, 4 gigs ram (I know, not used but I'm looking towards>Vista!)>Only major Add-On (scenery wise) is UTX>>Well, installed and after an extremely long initial startup>time as FSX processed the new scenery, my system came up none>worse for the wear, and in some ways better.>>System is definitely "smoother". Gone are some micro-stutters>I had. Coincidence? Wishful thinking? Perhaps but for me,>gone anyway.>>Something that is definitely improved is object "pop-up". >Flying around PDX area, going from Hillsboro to PDX, the trip>out over the river always broke that suspension of disbelief. >Objects, bridges, houses popping up left and right, seemingly>just in front of me. That is gone now. I know Phil mentioned>they worked on that code, so again...perhaps wishful thinking,>but I'm pleased!>>That

BT, What are you running for an operating system?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Q6600Nvidia 8800 GTXXP, 4 gigs ram (I know, not used but I'm looking towards Vista!)Only major Add-On (scenery wise) is UTXWell, installed and after an extremely long initial startup time as FSX processed the new scenery, my system came up none worse for the wear, and in some ways better.System is definitely "smoother". Gone are some micro-stutters I had. Coincidence? Wishful thinking? Perhaps but for me, gone anyway.Something that is definitely improved is object "pop-up". Flying around PDX area, going from Hillsboro to PDX, the trip out over the river always broke that suspension of disbelief. Objects, bridges, houses popping up left and right, seemingly just in front of me. That is gone now. I know Phil mentioned they worked on that code, so again...perhaps wishful thinking, but I'm pleased!That

I have to congratulate Phil and ACES. I have better image quality and a definite increase in performance--more than with SP1. I was having stutters. They are gone now. Very smooth on a 4+ yr. old machine running XP Pro. I'm locked at 20 FPS so don't now about any increase in FPS (I wouldn't expect much if any).I have found some problems--panel lights in some default aircraft don't seem to work and I am no longer getting ATC to come through headphones (separate sound card). Still need to investigate further.Randall

You have to go to Settings | Sound on the main dialog and select the sound output devices there now. Since Vista doesn't support the sound/voice split in the control panel, we have moved this selection into our dialog.

Can someone comment on specific, factual improvements of DX10 compared to DX9 in FSX that warrant to purchase a $300-$400 DX10 GPU?Because I cannot really see any difference at all, but a good 20% decrease in performance compared to DX9 with no apparent enhancements whatsoever.Pat

I think every good thing I've read in this thread is under XP without the DX-10 enabled... You have to have Vista for that right. So essentially... these reports are DX-9 with SP-2 under XP ... correct?I am in a dual boot config... but I have everything on Vista 32.Thanks, Steve

Okay, so far so good. Just got done installing and flew the Mustang around, got to say I love blowing the engine, the flames are a nice touch, not to mention the smoke. Love it.Been flying around in DX9 mode, going to try DX10 soon and see if I'm getting all the problems everyone else is noticing.

Installed Acceleration tonight....followed the rules. Then downloaded patch for Ultimate Terrain. Activated UT, then started FSX SP2, activated it...and all is "perfect". Love it. See an improvement in smoothness and frames. I love the Mustang and F18. Tomorrow I do some more serious flying. Thanks, Microsoft. All went as planned.

My hardware set up is similar to yours. Do you have any other addons besides UT. I have that. How about other addon planes?Thanks, Steve